Home Ratings & Reviews

Devil's Weed????

denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
anyone have any of these yet. I see they hit the new catalog and have been in the CI catalog for the last couple months. They are supposed to be long filler dominican with an ecuadorian connecticut wrapper. They are hella cheap for a box so I was wondering if they would be worth the price. I paid as much for an OpusX last weekend as a whole box of these cost. Always looking for a good deal I guess

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Yeah Dennis I was wondering the same thing.
    Might have to try it out just to see what it's like.

• ljlljl Posts: 819
    I would say no. I got "gifted" about 5 or so from a buddy who got them as soon as he saw them. He gave them away he liked them so little. They weren't good (IMHO). I don't like to bash stuff, these sucked. My advice; Split a few with someone or skip it and save the dough for something you know you'll like.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    well, at least someone on here has had them and doesn't like them. that's at least some useful info. what were the flavors like ljl, was it harsh, bitter, or???
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    what cigars are these? Devils Weed? I cant find those inthe catalog
    dennisking:
    well, at least someone on here has had them and doesn't like them. that's at least some useful info. what were the flavors like ljl, was it harsh, bitter, or???

Like most Connies - it was mild, of course this means any harshness and you pick it up sooner. That was the problem. Taste was just short of the first few puffs after relight on a decent connie. More Humi time might help, but I just was not interested in aging a cheap stick to make it OK. Also a bit loosely packed. My buddy admitted that he tried these based on the name and the packaging (I guess that does work). On the up side he did give me the box.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    last or next to last page of the new catalog in the bottom corner
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    dennisking:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    last or next to last page of the new catalog in the bottom corner

I see them.... LOL Pass
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Love the artwork but I will pass based on this info
    Talked to my buddy tonight. He might have a few floating around the Humi. I'll keep you posted.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    anyone have any of these yet. I see they hit the new catalog and have been in the CI catalog for the last couple months. They are supposed to be long filler dominican with an ecuadorian connecticut wrapper. They are hella cheap for a box so I was wondering if they would be worth the price. I paid as much for an OpusX last weekend as a whole box of these cost. Always looking for a good deal I guess
    Hey dennis, the "You Pick 2" has them on there. You could order them along with the Sol Cubano Artisan and just have them on hand for "hand-outs" at parties to the people you know are not going to smoke a whole stick. Or to get rid of that annoying guy who shows up empty handed to your next BarBQ!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..