Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Macanudo

A gentleman recently sent me a 5 pack of Macanudo Robust, in exchange for a 5 pack of 5 Vegas Classic.  Boy, he definitely took me for a ride.  I heard about Macanudo Robust being an improvement over any standard Macanudo but that is simply not the case.  Regardless, it was not a fair trade at all.  Any input, greatly appreciated!

Comments

• phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    I would say lesson learned. If it says Mac; just say no. Sorry you got took; at least the 5 Vegas sticks don't cost a lot.
  • DonnyDonny Posts: 7
    I agree with Phisherman, it's a good lesson learned. I've just never understood the whole "Macanudo thing". I've tried to give that cigar a fair shot numerous times, and I always find it to smoke metallic and grassy. For my money, give me a 5 Vegas Gold or Sol Cubano Connecticut for half the price! I would check out one of our mild samplers, this will give you an oppurtunity to try a number of milder smokes from all different manufacturers. Of course, you can always PM me or shoot me an email: dhardy at cigar dot com.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

Donny:
    I agree with Phisherman, it's a good lesson learned. I've just never understood the whole "Macanudo thing". I've tried to give that cigar a fair shot numerous times, and I always find it to smoke metallic and grassy. For my money, give me a 5 Vegas Gold or Sol Cubano Connecticut for half the price!

again i agree with the both of you.  to me its not so much about flavor.  I tend to like stronger cigars.  I think Macs are too mild for me and have just a flat taste.  I agree also on the 5 vegas line.  However the gold again is too mild for me.  I like the classic for a milder smoke. It is more on the medium side but if you can handle it, that cigar will put a Mac to shame. 

If its the wrapper you like, i would go with a cusano 18 double connecticut.  always a good relaxing cigar.  Never any burn issues, always a smooth mild smoke.  The Churchill size would be great for you golfing fellows. its a cigar i can light and not have to worry about at all.

• CastleCrestCastleCrest Posts: 51
    PappyJ:
    A gentleman recently sent me a 5 pack of Macanudo Robust, in exchange for a 5 pack of 5 Vegas Classic.  Boy, he definitely took me for a ride.  I heard about Macanudo Robust being an improvement over any standard Macanudo but that is simply not the case.  Regardless, it was not a fair trade at all.  Any input, greatly appreciated!

I'd send a message asking how he liked your end of the trade &
    let him know you find the Macadudu simply horrible.
    If nothing else it might open his eye's a little.
    If he is a good trader he will maybe send something else.
    Everyone has to learn somewhere!
    If you say nothing the next guy might get the same.
    The life you save could be one of ours!!!!!
  • Just remember, one person's junk is another person's treasure. Now you know you aren't that hip to the "Mac". I don't the price point on Macs, but 5 Vegas Classics are a safe trade...one the best price points in the industry. If the trade went off without a hitch, at least you didn't get taken in that matter.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    In my opinion, macanudos are flavorless and have no body whatsoever, which is why they are favored by new smokers, doesn't make 'em lightheaded!
  • CastleCrestCastleCrest Posts: 51
    All that said - I'd be offended if anyone sent me Macadodos
    in a trade!
    Maybe that is just me.
    I'd let the guy know - you don't have to be mean - but!!!
  • Has anyone tried the Macanudo vintage 1997.  I am not big on the macs but picked one up for 1 buck and they are listed at 11 so I figured I would give it a try. 
  • phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    So the lesson will be learned for only a buck instead of more. Ha-ha. I don't think anyone on this board will be able to tell you how a macanudo tastes. People on htese boards just do not smoke them. They are a beginner cigar and once you taste something with body and flavor; ther is no need to ever have them again. That said; even I once smoked them when I wasn't into cigars and would have one once in a great while as I had no palete what so ever. -Dave
  • mikalsanmikalsan Posts: 53
    I agree as well. Not fair, although, Ill be honest, I have never had the opportunity to try the 5 Vegas. I have heard good things though. I myself have given Macs a fair chance and would pass on them every time.
  • handypantzhandypantz Posts: 86
    lol..i can tell you how they are!!! In order to get the 'free' cigar.com sampler I bought a macanundo sampler ....this was awhile back before I knew anything about the cigar other than that they were cheap........ive 'tried' two of them and thoguht each time i would be better off smoking grass rolled in tree bark.......ohh well...they make good gifts :D
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    handypantz:
    ohh well...they make good gifts :D
    Not if you are trying to encourage your buddy to become a Cigar smoker as well so you have some more good company ;)
  • I heard that if you soke a macanudo, or any cigar, in a jar of chuck norris's sweat over night, the cigar turns into a bar of solid gold. and cures polio! maybe try that!