Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Where are the Newbs?

flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

Do we have any new guys in this forum? If you are new to the forum, introduce yourself!! If you hide we will never find you!! Get on the Good Traders List!!

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm such a noob!

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you look in "Activity" you see all these people who just joined and those who are getting their anniversary badges, and you never see them post. Who knows why?

Here's a secret; some of us are happy with it. :smile:

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@flowbee said:
    Do we have any new guys in this forum? If you are new to the forum, introduce yourself!! If you hide we will never find you!! Get on the Good Traders List!!

@Hobbes86

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    If you look in "Activity" you see all these people who just joined and those who are getting their anniversary badges, and you never see them post. Who knows why?

Here's a secret; some of us are happy with it. :smile:

I hear ya there LOL!!!!

@VegasFrank said:
    Hi automatic haircut guy Chris! I'm a newb. I do newb things, like bomb @0patience and smoke AJ cigars.

LOL Love AJ, still pissed he stopped the Fresh Rolled Bundles!!

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

I am a newb, @flowbee, only been around for about a month. I will likely be sending a package out in 2-3 weeks, I first have to wait for a few new cigars to arrive and then I have to try a couple of them out. :)

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

@Hobbes86 said:
    I am a newb, @flowbee, only been around for about a month. I will likely be sending a package out in 2-3 weeks, I first have to wait for a few new cigars to arrive and then I have to try a couple of them out. :)

What cigars have you been smoking? You let me know when your ready, I will do a trade with you and get you rolling if you havent made plans with any one else yet. LMK

@flowbee said:
    What cigars have you been smoking? You let me know when your ready, I will do a trade with you and get you rolling if you havent made plans with any one else yet. LMK

I have been smoking some Heritage Partagas, Quorum, and Perdomo mostly. I tried a Camacho BxP a while back and enjoyed it, as well as an A. Fuente Gran Reserva, which is one of the best cigars I have had to date.

I only have a 50 count humidor and a small variety of cigars. I tend to stick with what I know and like, hesitating to spend money on the unknown.

@Hobbes86 Dont be afraid to buy a lesser priced cigar. There are alot of cherries laying low in the $5-$6 dollar range. I have had a boatload of **** expensive cigars and a boatload of awesome cheaper cigars and vice-versa!!! AGREED the Fuente is one of my favorites as well!!

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 if you're looking for bundle priced smokes, check out the cigar.com blends. I can only vouch for the Cameroon label, which is great for the money. Some of the other guys here have tried the others in the lineup and can better advise you on which are good.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 have you thought about getting a sampler pack? You can find them consistently cheap and will let you try out some new sticks without being committed to a 5er

@TheKraken said:
    @Hobbes86 have you thought about getting a sampler pack? You can find them consistently cheap and will let you try out some new sticks without being committed to a 5er

I have, a couple will be in the mail to me next week. Thanks for the suggestion!

@ShawnOL said:
    @Hobbes86 if you're looking for bundle priced smokes, check out the cigar.com blends. I can only vouch for the Cameroon label, which is great for the money. Some of the other guys here have tried the others in the lineup and can better advise you on which are good.

That is a good idea, I will look into them. Thanks!

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:

@ShawnOL said:

That is a good idea, I will look into them. Thanks!

Cameroon Label is good for the money. I didn’t care for the red label. Both are made at the Davidoff factory

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you need a Shizz sampler

A little dirt never hurt
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't believe the name @rick wasn't taken already.

Welcome guys!

Don't look ↑
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rick said:
    Just signed up and have no clue what I'm doing yet. My wife bought me a small humidor and a few cigars. I'm hooked but just need to learn ALOT. I have found though that I like a good Scotch with a cigar so I guess that's a start!

@LuvBourbon said:
    Hello, I just joined the forum literally 15 minutes ago. Noob to cigars, just went to a cigar shop last week and I loved it!

Been browsing the forum trying to learn. Seems there's a lot of lingo I'm not familiar with but I'll learn.

I did sign up for the noob trading thing, I hope to get to try that.

Here are some cool tips for you guys just starting out.

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/379773/102-things-newbs-should-know-orig-post-updated/p1

Some of the tips are bull, like leaving the cello on when you cut your smoke at the shop with the community cutter and ripping the band off right away, but mostly, there are a lot of good to know things in there.

For the record, never use the community cutter at the shop. Never ever ever. And don't take your band off until it's near the smoke line. The heat from the cigar will loosen the glue.

Don't look ↑
  • LuvBourbonLuvBourbon Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@Rick said:
    Just signed up and have no clue what I'm doing yet. My wife bought me a small humidor and a few cigars. I'm hooked but just need to learn ALOT. I have found though that I like a good Scotch with a cigar so I guess that's a start!

@LuvBourbon said:
    Hello, I just joined the forum literally 15 minutes ago. Noob to cigars, just went to a cigar shop last week and I loved it!

Been browsing the forum trying to learn. Seems there's a lot of lingo I'm not familiar with but I'll learn.

I did sign up for the noob trading thing, I hope to get to try that.

Here are some cool tips for you guys just starting out.

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/379773/102-things-newbs-should-know-orig-post-updated/p1

Some of the tips are bull, like leaving the cello on when you cut your smoke at the shop with the community cutter and ripping the band off right away, but mostly, there are a lot of good to know things in there.

For the record, never use the community cutter at the shop. Never ever ever. And don't take your band off until it's near the smoke line. The heat from the cigar will loosen the glue.

I just read through that and maybe I missed it but why don't you want to use the community cutter??

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is aids

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because you’ll have people that want to slobber all over their cigar BEFORE cutting it.

@Rdp77 said:
    Because you’ll have people that want to slobber all over their cigar BEFORE cutting it.

Thanks, thought I was missing something from the previous two answers.

@Jrflickster said:
    My guess is aids

It's very highly unlikely to get aids from saliva alone. The carrier and recipient would both have to have open mouth sores.