Home Cigar 101

How to with a Chisel vitola

denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
So last weekend I picked up an LFD DL chisel and I asked the shop owner what the best way to cut the chisel. Do I cut, do I punch??? The answer is NEITHER. The LFD/Litto Gomez rep instructs all his customers to simply pinch the mouth end of the cigar. Pinch it in the opposite direction that it is pressed and it opens perfectly. I tried this on the LFD I bought and guess what, perfect draw and perfect experience. Thought I would pass this on to everyone here. Enjoy

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    dennisking:
    So last weekend I picked up an LFD DL chisel and I asked the shop owner what the best way to cut the chisel. Do I cut, do I punch??? The answer is NEITHER. The LFD/Litto Gomez rep instructs all his customers to simply pinch the mouth end of the cigar. Pinch it in the opposite direction that it is pressed and it opens perfectly. I tried this on the LFD I bought and guess what, perfect draw and perfect experience. Thought I would pass this on to everyone here. Enjoy
    Good info.Dennis. Have to try that.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

Ive never had a chisel, but will try to remember if one ends up in my rotation

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome to know, because I may be having my first Chisel tonight! Thanks, Dennis!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    lilwing88:
    That's awesome to know, because I may be having my first Chisel tonight! Thanks, Dennis!
    I'm jealous! What a fantastic smoke. the DL maduro in the chisel is outstanding. I had the pleasure of enjoying a Lito Gomez Chisel the other day as well - also incredible. I'll have to try out the "pinch" method. I've been cutting them - carefully, lol.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    lilwing88:
    I'm jealous! What a fantastic smoke. the DL maduro in the chisel is outstanding. I had the pleasure of enjoying a Lito Gomez Chisel the other day as well - also incredible. I'll have to try out the "pinch" method. I've been cutting them - carefully, lol.
    That's what I had last weekend, The DL Maddy chisel. phenomenal to say the least. Awesome stick. The Litto Gomez Diez I had tasted good but the draw was horrible so I gave up
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I tried the method tonight and it worked. However, I still had to cut it after a while, to open it up a bit. Maybe it's preference thing, but I wasn't getting the smoke output I usually like with the "pinch method". But thanks for the tip Dennis, it really impressed the others at the shop.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    i smell a 1000th post contest coming on...
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I had the DL Chiselito not long ago and cut it with my Xi2. Great burn and draw on it, and wow! That little sucker packs a TON of flavor!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I prefer to cut mine, I have 2 boxes of them and cutting seems to produce the best results for me so far.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    I'll have to try this. Thanks to Vulchor, I'll be having my first LFD DL chisel this week while in sunny Huntington Beach, CA. That is, if i can get over this damn bug I've got. No smoking while sick sucks!!!