Home Non Cigar Related

today ...

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
Today i went to a charity event at the Akron Art Museum called Empty Bowl Project.
the concept here is that you pay an entrance fee (donation) and are given a hand made bowl by local artists. Local Restaurants line the room with different offerings of soup. you get to keep the bowl at the end of it. all donations went to Good Samaritan Hunger Center.

this is a great way to help the hungry, enjoy some art, and enjoy some soup.

Comments

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Thats pretty cool. Did you bring the wife and get a set?
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Ckngrats on 1000!!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    the in-laws too...

it was a ton of fun.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    Fourtotheflush:
    the in-laws too...

it was a ton of fun.

How were the soups?

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i had a tomato bisque with bits of artichoke in it. this was probably my favorite soup of the day.
    i had a bowl of espresso black bean vegetarian chili with a bitter chocolate garnish.
    and for the third soup i had a spicy chicken cheese soup with a lime creme fraiche. this one had a great flavor but i found it a bit on the oily side.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    They do an annual "Pancake Jamboree" in my hometown (Lynchburg, VA) at the historic City Armory. They entire city shows up for this thing. I think it's somewhere between $5-10 for a ticket and it's all the pancakes, bacon, sausage, OJ, and milk you can eat. It's always a good time and all the proceeds go to local shelters.