Home Non Cigar Related

Value meal

Ok,

So I went to Applebees with the family on Friday night after work.

It was fun and the value was there for what we got! Service and food were what you would expect for the location. Kids had a blast and the parents had a couple drinks.

I will say that Friendlys has a way better kid menu and entertainment, but they dont serve booze so six of one, half dozen of the other!

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    ....What?

• mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    I believe he is giving Applebees a +1 in terms of a good place to eat for relatively cheap.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Applebees is not good at all. I ate it one time and I swere to you that frozen food is better value. I live in Houston and there are nothing but great restaurants down here. Glad you had a good time though.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    zeebra:
    Applebees is not good at all. I ate it one time and I swere to you that frozen food is better value. I live in Houston and there are nothing but great restaurants down here. Glad you had a good time though.
    I live in Boston and we also have great restaurants, but to bring two four year olds out too eat really narrows down your choices. Now to bring these two out and eat on the cheap is even narrowing your choices down further. Ive been to the best restaurants in boston, Mass, some in NY, So I know what good food is and what great food is. What Im saying here is that it was fun, I had a great time, and my kids had a blast all on the cheap. I think that for what I paid, I got a great value. I wasnt going out to buy a $40 steak at applebees, I was having fried apps & beers, kids meals and sundaes.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    That makes more sense now that you said fired apps. I perfer TGI Fridays, but since you say kids, TGI is more of a bar atmosphere. LOL at $40 steak at abblebees...
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I take my kids to this Mexican restaurant, Fernando's. They absolutely love it. It's very kid friendly, lots of families. And for about $40 w/tip we get a meal consisting of some of the best Mexican food in Chicago, a margarita for me and the wife and real fruit smoothies for the kids. We go there at least twice a month.

When we go the kids scream, "We goin to 'Nandoooooos!!!!"
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Here...here...I used to travel to the DFW area quite a bit along with a variety of other Texas locals...They truly have some very nice restaurants. the steak houses are out of sight and I have never enjoyed Mexican food more than in Texas.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    zeebra:
    I live in Boston and we also have great restaurants, but to bring two four year olds out too eat really narrows down your choices. Now to bring these two out and eat on the cheap is even narrowing your choices down further. Ive been to the best restaurants in boston, Mass, some in NY, So I know what good food is and what great food is. What Im saying here is that it was fun, I had a great time, and my kids had a blast all on the cheap. I think that for what I paid, I got a great value. I wasnt going out to buy a $40 steak at applebees, I was having fried apps & beers, kids meals and sundaes.
    applebees is what it is. they dont pretend to be fine dining. they are a decent meal at a price that is affordable. some stores do a better job than others.
    zeebra:
    if you are ever in the akron ohio area, i will show you what applebees SHOULD be like. myself and the others on the management team run a tight ship. we take pride in our work. sorry you had a bad experience.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    kuzi16:
    Fourtotheflush:
    zeebra:
    applebees is what it is. they dont pretend to be fine dining. they are a decent meal at a price that is affordable. some stores do a better job than others.
    zeebra:
    if you are ever in the akron ohio area, i will show you what applebees SHOULD be like. myself and the others on the management team run a tight ship. we take pride in our work. sorry you had a bad experience.

kUZI... You Manage the Applebees on Arlington......... I have been there during Founders day! Applebees to me is a consistant Place if I am on the road and not wanting to take a chance and know what I like. I have only had a couple bad meals at an applebees... They dont break the bank and the Appitizers are good! My wife even likes some of the salads and shes picky, that one asian chicken salad is our choice but some applebees do not have it. Keep up the good work Kuzi!

But truthfully hee in California We have no need to go to applebees we have a billion resturants to choose from !
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    As I read up this thing, I was wondering how long it would take before kuzi hit this thread...lol.