Home General Discussion

Whynter CHC-251S Temperature Controller Replacement

How do you replace the temperature controller? Do you gently pry the cover from the front to access it?

Tagged:

Comments

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pry the shït out of it

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sledgehammer….then buy a cooler

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Deja vu

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Dude, I thought we went over this?

Maybe you think this forum is tech support. That's a fair assumption because you accessed it via cigar.com.

It's not.

We don't have anyone in this community who tears down wine coolers. Several of us are capable, but all of us realize that it's not worth it.

The temp cooler in my audew went out and it kept cooling (wouldn't shut off). Dropped my humidity to 40 percent.

I fixed it by unplugging it

Fùck bro, we told you this last time. Either take our advice or don't, but stop asking the goddāmn question.

We don't fùcking know already!

Don't look ↑
  • JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭✭✭

^what he said...just unplug or buy a new one

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Cooler/gasket box + Boveda - cooling unit = maintenance free

I have a Wineador and need the cooling maybe 6 weeks out of the year.... maybe

Edit for wrong word

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually did fix mine. Had to replace the board and fan. Was a pain in the aśs.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amourdevin said:
    How do you replace the temperature controller? Do you gently pry the cover from the front to access it?

Should be some YouTube videos to help you out.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter