Home General Discussion

Is this Cohiba Robusto Real or fake?

Please see picture

Comments

• Reevesii2345Reevesii2345 Posts: 2

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am no expert but it looks real to me. Please head over to this page and introduce yourself:
    http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/3027/the-newbie-welcoming-thread#latest

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Band looks ok. Wrapper not so much….but I’ve never dealt with illegal cigars. I’m pretty sure no one else here has either.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

They got the hard to fake parts of the band right, but you didn't post a pic of the cap. Best way to tell 8s to cut it open and see if it's all long fill 😉

Don't look ↑
  • CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Might be a fake here is an official band

The Indian head especially on the pony tail looks off, the inner Indian head is a bit big and the wrapper looks sketchy as well like @Rdp77 said the font on the lettering as well looks off also included a photo of one of mine as well for comparison

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always check the white squares and they look pretty close to the edge there. Like too close. The head should be a hologram, IIRC, but holograms have become easier to produce now so that shouldn't be your only criteria.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

and the 'Habana Cuba' typography is blotchy rather than sharp and thin-lined. Learn something new every day.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is the other give away…

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that sand? I'm no expert on fakes or photography, but does it look like this guy is still standing on the beach they warned us about?

• EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know, it could be a crap picture… I can’t see the “Cuba” hologram on the bottom of the band … but also even if the band is perfect , people can reuse real bands and real boxes with a crap stick. Real question is … where did you buy it ? Do you have a lot of them , can you sacrifice one of them to see if there is short filler ( ie Bryan Glenn who cuts up the cigar to show trash clippings ) ?

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's a fake, I would have been fooled.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

@EgoBoundary said:
    I don’t know, it could be a crap picture… I can’t see the “Cuba” hologram on the bottom of the band … but also even if the band is perfect , people can reuse real bands and real boxes with a crap stick. Real question is … where did you buy it ? Do you have a lot of them , can you sacrifice one of them to see if there is short filler ( ie Bryan Glenn who cuts up the cigar to show trash clippings ) ?

Um, let's not forget our very own Daniel Z. Reyes, aka "Exacto-Man", cigar surgeon extraordinaire. Known for revealing the innards of Cohibas, frequenting beaches and sandy locales, and having short stubby nails cracked from his other hobbies, fishing and stonemasonry.

Hmm....

Yes, that's the answer @Reevesii2345 , send DZR a PM requesting his address, send your cigar to him, and all will be revealed.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Lite it up. Most fakes will be apparent immediately

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a fake

band is not correct. Cohiba/Cuba on top and bottom are not the correct alignment. there are other issues as well.

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?