Home Cigar 101

Cigars kept at 50 deg

JCargoJCargo Posts: 13
I have a mini fridge (thermoeletric, not compressor) that I keep at right around 50 degrees and I have 1 lb of rh beads that maintain 70-72. My tester stix in a Spanish cedar box have been in there for almost 2 months. The seem to smoke great no burn issues, great taste, and very consistant. Given the above stated I feel comfortable moving the better part of half my collection in there... Is this a fair assumption?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Hell if it works why not.
    Also the low temp would help to keep down on a possible beetle uprising.

• The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    I tried to do this with a mini fridge earlier this year but could not get the humidity to stay below 80... so I bought a 300 count humi instea, But hell you got it to stabilize good job it should work good
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    shouldn't hurt them at all.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Only thing I can think that 50F would do is slow down the marrying process of the oils; other than that, I'd say go for it if you like the results
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    xmacro:
    Only thing I can think that 50F would do is slow down the marrying process of the oils; other than that, I'd say go for it if you like the results
    Thats exactly what I have been told as well. I had to move my humidor to my spare room to keep the temp down since I dont heat that room and I checked with a few people and they all said the only downside of keeping them colder is they age slower.