Home Ratings & Reviews

Good Coffee flavored cigar?

I am looking for a cigar with a nice coffee infusion. I’ve been looking at the Bahia, JAVA, and Thompson cigar brand (explorer) anyone have experience, good-bad, with these brands.

Best Answers

• Cruiser5Cruiser5 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

JAVA's are good. I haven't experienced Bahia or Thompson. However, Drew Estate Tabak Especial Limited is a favorite of mine. Here are the details.

Cafe con Leche - Can't decide between maduro or Connecticut? Try both! Cafe con Leche has the best of both worlds with an intoxicating aroma and mix of hearty, espresso notes that are finished with a smooth French Vanilla note.

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓

I've tried several. Not my thing, but if you just HAVE TO flavor your cigars, I guess coffee is the best choice. So, with that in mind, may I suggest Kopi Luwak? I had one, once, and of the coffee flavored cigars it was as good as any. Plus it had a cool dragon label. Makes people ask "What's that shidt you're smoking?"

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Answers

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol prolly not, but funny! Not a lot of coffee cigar smokers here, bub, but @MrPossum can prolly suggest a good instant coffee / cigar combo for dippin' and making your own versions....

Don't look ↑
  • Cool thanks just getting into cigars and not big on the flavors (acid FAIL) just wanting to try different things and saw the coffee,rum, vanilla etc. and thought they would be interesting to try. About 2 weeks in and there aren’t any shops in this area so I have to order online/ drive 50+ miles to get quality. Just want make it worth my while.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hamiladamgmailcom said:
    Cool thanks just getting into cigars and not big on the flavors (acid FAIL) just wanting to try different things and saw the coffee,rum, vanilla etc. and thought they would be interesting to try. About 2 weeks in and there aren’t any shops in this area so I have to order online/ drive 50+ miles to get quality. Just want make it worth my while.

Awesome! Welcome. Most people who smoke that stuff like the java.

Don't look ↑
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hamiladamgmailcom said:
    Cool thanks just getting into cigars and not big on the flavors (acid FAIL) just wanting to try different things and saw the coffee,rum, vanilla etc. and thought they would be interesting to try. About 2 weeks in and there aren’t any shops in this area so I have to order online/ drive 50+ miles to get quality. Just want make it worth my while.

Hang in there. There's a lot to love about cigars, and a lot learn. From value, to enjoyment, to protecting your investment, (AKA storage methods). We can help. Stick around. Message me directly if you want. This is a great place to learn at an accelerated pace. Welcome.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Java is a good starting point. It's poor quality tobacco, but a strong coffee flavor. Tabak Especial is the next step. Less coffee flavor, but a better tobacco. After that try the Isle De La Sol. Closer to a normal cigar, still mildly flavored with a slightly sweetend tip. Then the COA MX2. This one is just a double maduro, not actually flavored, but a ton of coffee notes in the tobacco itself.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

This is clearly a trick question, the true answer is, there are none. I second the mx2 try that instead.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Macanudo M Is coffee flavored too, IIRC. Not 100% sure on that one.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    I think Macanudo M Is coffee flavored too, IIRC. Not 100% sure on that one.

Two versions. One coffee and one bourbon.

• MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank you know it

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrPossum said:

@VegasFrank you know it

Dude just put a pinch between you lip and gum.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • MrPossumMrPossum Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao it was just an experiment, it was nice though

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    This is clearly a trick question, the true answer is, there are none. I second the mx2 try that instead.

if you like the Mx2, the Mx3 is even better. Camacho Triple Maduro is more on the sweet side, less coffee notes imo.

"Long ashes my friends."

• CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember the first cigar that I had where the coffe note was front in center for me along with a distinctive chocolate note as well Oliva serie G maduro Belicoso