Home Ratings & Reviews

Cuban Crafters Black Perfect Cutter Review Video

This is the 2nd version of the Perfect Cuter line from Cuban Crafters. Offering improvements on the original it has a black anodized aluminum body and handles over stainless steel blades, with a lifetime guarantee. The Perfect line stands out by using a backing plate that allows you to simply insert the cigar and cut without having to adjust the cigar for the right location. http://cigarobsession.com/accessory-reviews/cuban-crafters-black-perfect-cutter-review/

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Wow. Seems like an awesome product, especially for the price. How would you compare the cut itself, the sharpness of the blades, etc. to say, a Xikar cutter?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Informative review. I love the fact that it has a backer plate, sometimes in a low-light situation it can be difficult to see where you are lining the cut up with a normal cutter, but the backer plate takes all the guess work out of it. I got a free Drew Estates cutter at an event and it has a backer plate as well and I've been loving it, just clip and go, perfect every time.
  • kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I have Xikar vids coming next week, you'll see they are all about the same - sharp steel blades all around.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Just ordered mine. Thanks for the review!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I really like my Cuban Crafters perfect cut. I have the original. It's great and really does a good job of just trimming the cap off. I like the new one. It wins major style points with me but I have big thumbs as well so that may keep me at bay.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I know Xikar will sharpen your cutter if you send it in. Does Cuban Crafters offer the same service?
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    yeah... i might have to get in on this... I've never really had a decent cutter... but I used my punch as often as possible...
    sightunseen:
    I know Xikar will sharpen your cutter if you send it in. Does Cuban Crafters offer the same service?
    no, they replace it with a new one
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I need to get one of them. Cuban Crafters offers some tasty sticks as well.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    dennisking:
    sightunseen:
    no, they replace it with a new one
    It's not clear to me which company "they" is, in that sentence, Dennis, so I thought I'd chime in. Xikar replaces the cutter. Personally, I don't know what CC does.
    cuban crafters will send you a new one when you send in the old one
    sorry for the confusion
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    So will Xikar. All the cool kids are doing it!
  • I had a Cuban Crafters Perfect Cut double guillotine untile the gaddam Guadalajara MX airport security banditos confiscated it from my carry on a couple of weeks ago when I was returning home. I'd taken that cutter through dozens of airports in my carry on in the 4 years I had it and never had an issue with it other than security taking it out to look at it, seeing that it was a totally captive blade with no potential to be used as a weapon, and then letting it go. As lethal as friggin' toenail scissors. That cutter was the best I'd ever owned. blades were still as sharp as new after 4 years. I loved the backstop feature that ensured cuts of consistent depth and it held the cuttings so they didn't go all over the place. So I go to replace it and Cuban Crafters site has none available. I can't find any on the various major auction sites. RatF*ck! For $15 this was the best damn cutter around and now I can't find a replacement. Aaaaargh! I damn near got myself thrown in a Mexican jail telling those airport security guards what I thought of them. I hope they enjoy using that cutter. @#$%^#!!!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I am so going to buy one of these on Payday