Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Hi guys. This one is from Rusty. Great smoke @Rdp77, thanks brother!

Hope it started your day off right

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CAcigarguy007 said:

This cigar is an enigma, it has good flavors but also some that I just don't dig. Could barely get through the first one so I buried them for aging. Years later it's a little better but still not great. Still getting those notes of green tobacco, brown paper bag and dry dirt that are hard to ignore but also some nice spice notes, a touch of unsweetened cinnamon and really nice pepper on the retro. It's a strange beast and quagmire of a stick. I'll be letting the rest age another few years in hopes the nice flavors drown out the unpleasant notes, though I don't have high hopes to be perfectly honest.

I was let down by this cigar a few years ago when I tried it. I don't recall the details but it didn't meet my expectations.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cracked bonnet on a suction hand valve. @silvermouse

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ Excellent morning smoke.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good morning ☀️

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Morning Charles, great minds think alike.
    edit: still the same problem with the suction valve bonnet?
    Maestro del Tiempo 6102R LE

Yes, most of it hasn’t been touched in 40 years, and touching this affects that! Different spots each time. Hopefully get it to stop leaking today, then wait for parts to fix.