Home General Discussion
Options

Virtual Cigar Events

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

‼️Light em Up LIVE -
    Wednesday Apr 7th 2pm EDT / 8pm CET‼️

This week at Light em Up 👉🏽👉🏽 Fouad KASHOUTY from Hiram & Solomon Cigars will be joining us.

"As far back as the mid-1800s, records exist describing the pre-meeting tradition of Brethren smoking cigars during and after gatherings. To this day, the practice of smoking cigars remains very much alive in many lodges. This custom is considered a time for Brethren to relax, exchange ideas, and enjoy the simplicity and fellowship that is the very essence of Brotherhood."

This is the essence and the foundation of Hiram & Solomon Cigars, brought to life by fellow Brethren WB Fouad Kashouty and Brother George Dakrat.

We'll be talking about the art and culture of the first-ever Masonic cigar brand, a life dedicated to the finest smokes and principles of the brotherhood, as well as Hiram & Solomon cigar's past, present and future.

It is with great pleasure that we welcome Mr. Kashouty to the show as our dear guest of honor.

To enter the lounge:
    https://zoom.us/j/547920250

Meeting-ID: 547 920 250

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

‼️Light em Up LIVE -
    Monday, April 12th:
    12:30 pm Nicaragua Time / 2:30 pm EST / 8:30 pm CET

💥 Welcome to our 3rd show!💥

It all begins in the fields, the rich soil of Nicaragua.
    It all begins with the perfect raw material, carefully curated, slowly fermented and expertly monitored processing steps, along the entire value chain.

Together with Nestor Andres Plasencia, we will learn about the meticulous tobacco cultivation and handling, practiced for decades in Nicaragua.

We have 100 special VIP seats at our Light em Up Lounge via Zoom.

Furthermore, the show will be broadcasted live on our Youtube Channel.

To enter the lounge:

p.s. does anyone watch these? If there's no interest I'll stop posting these virtual events.

• Options

‼️Light em Up LIVE -
    Wednesday 2pm EDT / 8pm CET‼️

feat. HVC's Reinier Lorenzo

• Options

‼️Light em Up LIVE -
    Wednesday 2pm EDT / 8pm CET‼️

feat. Dave Garofalo, Jose Blanco & Reinhold Widmayer

THE STATE OF THE CIGAR INDUSTRY

In our quarterly industry report, we discuss the current situation of the cigar world with opinion leaders and some of the most influential personalities of the ecosystem.

We'll be talking about the ups and downs, take a glimpse into the crystal ball and elaborate on what was, what is and what is to come in the hand-made premium cigar segment.

It is with great pleasure that we welcome Mr. Dave Garofalo from 2 Guys Cigars and The Cigar Authority, Mr Jose Blanco from Fuente International and Reinhold Widmayer from Cigar Journal to the show as our dear guests of honor.
    To enter the lounge:

• Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

‼️Light em Up Lounge Live ‼️

feat. Nick Cutro

🗓 Wednesday, June 16th
    8pm CET / 2pm EDT

Nick Cutro started smoking cigars in the late 70’s and began working in the cigar industry in the early 90’s, as a cigar broker. In the mid 90’s he started and continues to design and manufacture equipment used to make premium cigars.

In the fall of 2020, he published “Cigar Bliss” Demystifying the Art of Taste, a book many cigar icons have raved about.

He also introduced the ProPalate Kit to the general consumer: A comprehensive training system designed to help cigar smokers better understand and develop their cigar palate.

It is with great pleasure, that we're welcoming Nick to the show as our dear guest of honor.

Please be kindly invited to bring your favorite cigar, and join us for this special occasion.

With my very best wishes and spirits - light 'em up!

Your host
    Reinhard Pohorec

Enter the Lounge
    To enter the lounge:

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

That pro palate kit is like $350 or something outrageous. If you buy it, don't open the fart bottle...

Don't look ↑
  • Options

I have some Le Nez du Cafe Aroma Kit vials for coffee sensory training, don't open the Garden Peas vial, keep it in the garage, it's really strong. You used to be able to buy individual vials instead of the whole kit, also they expire.

• Options
    edited June 2021

There's also a Le Nez du Vin kit for wine sensory training. I'm not sure that these training scents are worthwhile.

• Options

feat. Oscar Valladares

Wednesday, June 23rd
    8pm CET / 2pm EDT

To enter the lounge:

It’s not only the number 2012 that is important for the cigar manufacturer Oscar Valladares – but it’s also the original people of Honduras and Oscar’s love for his homeland that has always inspired the man.

Until 2011, Oscar worked for one of the very big power brokers of the cigar scene, Rocky Patel. “When I first visited Danlí 15 years ago, I didn’t even smoke cigars!” reveals Oscar, who at the time was chauffeuring visitors for Rocky all over Honduras. “But I immediately fell in love with the wonderful process of cigar manufacturing. I understood what kind of special moment it is to smoke a cigar because so much individual work goes into it,”

When he started his own production in 2012 in Danlí, he’d long had the idea for his first product in mind: the 2012 by Oscar. Today, he is one of the most promising, most creative, and most interesting personalities on the international cigar floor.

It is with great pleasure, that we're welcoming Oscar to the show as our dear guest of honor.

Please be kindly invited to bring your favorite Oscar Valladares cigar, and join us for this special occasion.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last week's was very good; the host did a great job with the questions/comments and kept a good flow.

I'll be in on this week's too. Interesting sidenote; @Vision sent me a 2012 in his lotto prize and that's what I'll be smoking w/ Oscar.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Last week's was very good; the host did a great job with the questions/comments and kept a good flow.

I'll be in on this week's too. Interesting sidenote; @Vision sent me a 2012 in his lotto prize and that's what I'll be smoking w/ Oscar.

That’s awesome my man!

• Options

Justo Eiroa, founder of JRE Tobacco and his daughter Vivi join us to discuss all things Aladino Cigars, Corojo and industry legend Julio Eiroa.

Wednesday 8pm CET / 2pm EDT

To enter the lounge:

• Options

I've done these every Wed. except for one. They've been very good.

• Options
    edited August 2022

I know that Peter has been tuning into the 🔥live at Light em Up🔥 events, but the next one coming up features James Brown from BLTC so I figured there will be wider interest.

James Brown, Black Label Trading Co.

🗓 Wed 2pm ET / 8pm CET / 11am PST ⏰

https://lightemupworld.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bb094035cf36973551c9ccc86&id=9477e7bf44&e=a326df2720

• Options

This one sounds really interesting.

🔥live at Light em Up🔥

David Craggan & Marco Estrada - Futamura Group

🗓 Wed 2pm ET / 8pm CET ⏰

This week, we will take a close look at an unassuming companion to the premium cigar that is often overlooked: cellophane.

Futamura LTD was established in Japan in 1947. The family-owned business grew from strength to strength based on a philosophy of producing products that serve both its nation and society.

Today, Futamura has grown its global footprint to include manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe and the Americas and is the global leader in sustainable cellulose films for the packaging market, including the renowned NatureFlex™ compostable films and Cellophane™ brands. As the global leader in renewable and compostable packaging films and cellulose casings, Futamura is dedicated to providing high-quality specialty products that enhance the lives of the people who use them.

Join us for an inspiring show at the lounge, where we will talk about:

the importance of cellophane in the premium cigar world

sustainable packaging for the future

how art, craftsmanship and practicability must come together

https://lightemupworld.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=bb094035cf36973551c9ccc86&id=cc2f3f77cd&e=a326df2720

• Options

One or the other of those two was a participant on the show when (IIRC) Carlito Fuente was the guest, and had some input on the cello vs. plastic subject and it was very informative.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was wondering just a few days ago, while trying to slip a cigar back in the cello, what the gear that manages the task looks like.

• Options
  • Options

Machine that makes Cellophane bags
    https://youtu.be/FRuKG9DidCA

Putting Cigars in Cellphone by hand AJ 2016
    https://youtu.be/dm7j7GdDOf0

Production at Camacho (2011) no Cello
    https://youtu.be/eeLhVdSVGlA

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Chris.

• Options

It's interesting, on the AJ video stuffing cigars in cello you can see the person on the far side of the table is gluing bands on the cigars and it's not a fast operation.

• Options

https://youtu.be/YBRrKRpCiBw

Another video showing how cigars are put into cellophane sleeves.

• Options

‼️Light em Up Lounge Live ‼️ Today !!

feat. Jon Huber - Crowned Heads

Wednesday, Sept. 28th
    8pm CET / 2pm EDT

To enter the lounge:

I wonder if he'll mention the split with Ace Prime / Pichardo.

• Options
    edited September 2022

Jon Huber mentioned that they will continue to work with Eradio Pichardo to make cigars, that Ace Prime never made cigars for Crowned Heads.

Also, the Zoom call is being live streamed to https://www.facebook.com/CigarJournal/

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

The way I understand it is that Ace Prime never actually made cigars for anyone. The factory they used is Tabacalera Pichardo. Ace Prime encompassed the entire operation. At least that’s how it was put to me.

• Options

It sounds like it was much more political than that but Jon didn't go into detail on the split with Ace Prime, which Crowned Heads used to distribute.

• Options

‼️Light em Up Lounge Live ‼️ Today !!

Christian Eiroa - C.L.E. Cigars today

🗓 Wed 3pm ET / 8pm CET ⏰
    ❗Beware of the TIME CHANGE❗this week only

To enter the lounge:

• Options

Our dear friend,
    please be invited to this week's Light 'em Up Lounge

Christian Eiroa - C.L.E. Cigars

🗓 Wed 3pm ET / 8pm CET ⏰
    ❗Beware of the TIME CHANGE❗this week only 📣

“My approach to business is ‘why not’”.

Christian Eiroa can boast an impressive career in the cigar industry.

He was the person behind Camacho Cigars which was sold to Davidoff. In 2012 he started CLE Cigars and it is now one of the fastest growing brands in Europe, Asia, Africa and the U.S.

He is an innovator and „someone who absolutely detests doing what anybody has done before”.

Join us for an inspiring show at the lounge, where we want to talk about:

the modernisation of Christian Eiroa’s company

innovation and sustainability goals

Honduras’ role and bright future in premium cigars
    As always, we are looking forward to your questions in person via Zoom, or on Facebook live.

Your host,
    Reinhard Pohorec

• Options

This could be interesting...

Luciano Meirelles - Luciano Cigars

🗓 Wed 2pm ET / 8pm CET ⏰

"Who I am and what I do is defined by the symbiosis between purpose and faith. The roots of my purposes are established by faith in something greater than myself. Making cigars, for me, is bringing beauty and flavor to the world, it is changing the lives of everyone involved in this process."

Since 2008 Luciano Meirelles has been growing tobacco in Ecuador and Nicaragua. He is the partner and founder of a cigar manufacturing company in Nicaragua called Luciano Tabacos SA (prior Ace Prime, Tabacalera Pichardo).

In July of 2018, Luciano joined forces with NBA Champion Tiago Splitter and created a cigar distribution company called Ace Prime. Following its success, Ace Prime rebranded into Luciano Cigars and today produces over 2.2 Million cigars from its operation in Esteli, Nicaragua.

Over the past months, Luciano Meirelles and his company Luciano Cigars have gathered a lot of attention. After the successful rebranding, Luciano Cigars continues to build what they call their „dream team“, own US distribution and portfolio of premium cigars.

Join us for an inspiring show at the lounge, where we want to talk about: the recent developments around Luciano Cigars, how to build a brand "for generations to come", the meaning behind Fiat Lux, Mas Igneus, Maria Lucia.

To enter the lounge: