Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Kristoff Maduro Matador

Picked up one of these from the local B&M yesterday and had it while hanging out with the guys at the local late night joint. Sitting outside on the covered porch on the lack, 60 degree weather is was certainly a good night for a smoke.

Let me just cut to the chase by saying I was VERY impressed with this cigar. Excellent construction and looked downright delicious. The shaggy foot made getting an even light with my toasting technique a bit tough, but it evened out after the first 1/4" or so. Burn was excellent, even, and slow. Ash was stark white and tough to boot, hanging on for almost 2" before I ashed it willingly. Smoke output was about average, but enough to satisfy. As far as flavor, this thing tasted almost EXACTLY like I image a cross between a Nica Libre and a CCOM Brazilian label. Almost perfect maduro taste for my liking. Another thing to note was this cigar burned VERY slow. Not sure if that was due to it's rather large size (6.5x56) or just the nature of the blend, but after an hour and 45 minutes I was only 2/3 of the way through the stick and had more than enough enjoyment and set it down with still over 2" of cigar left.

Overall this has been by far one of my favorite smokes!

Comments

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    That sounds delicious, I've got one of these sitting in my humi and I really can't wait.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    My local b&m has them, the owner gave me one to try and it was excellent. When he gets a full box in, i'll be buying one.