Home Cigar 101

Cigar boxes vs Humi

I just got two boxes of Perdomo cigars. I was wondering if they should go out of the cello and into the humi, or if I should just keep them in the box with the cello. I really don't have a reason other than the fact that it's my first box, and they look pretty in the box that they came in to not put them in my humidor. Thanks for your advise.

Comments

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    If you have the room and would prefer to store them in the box, that's what you should do. There's no reason (as far as I'm concerned) that you should have to take them out of the box - they should receive plenty of humidity as long as they're still stored inside a humidor.

Oh, and you bought two boxes of Perdomo sticks? That'll be two sticks from each box, sent overnight to my address - standard advising fee doncha know...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hays touched on the key point, whatever you do make sure they are in a humidified environment. The box itself will not provide an adequate storage solution. I have a large Igloo cooler that I use for box storage, and it works great, the cigars are protected and allowed to stay with their own kind so there is no potential for mixing.

What kind of Perdomos did you get? I really like Perdomo cigars and a lot of the boxes they use are pretty nice looking, so I can definitely understand you wanting to keep them boxed.
  • SweetnLowSweetnLow Posts: 28
    I have a 20ct Perdomo Habano maduro in petit corona size. Even at 4 3/4" x 44, they lasted on the better side of 40 minutes. The other box is the Perdomo sampler that has 2 Lot 23s, Perdomo2s, 3 different Habanos, and 3 diffrent 10th anniversary cigars. On top of that, I won 10 random Perdomo cigars in the raffle. I feel like I made out like a bandit.