Home Cigar 101

Xikar Xi2

sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
I just got my new cutter in the mail today. I notice that when I squeeze the blades together, one of them catches before it moves, so the two blades don't close together at the same time. Is this typical? If not, what's the fix?

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I think it's pretty typical for the fiberglass models. I had one and noticed the same thing. It worked fine, though. However, I never got used to the handle of it. It felt awkward in my hand. So, I'm sticking with my classic double guillotine.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Mine does the same thing; so far no problems
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    xmacro:
    Mine does the same thing; so far no problems
    Mine too. I love the cutter and use if on nearly every cigar I smoke. :)
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I'm getting an Xi3. Any reports on these? (Got a decent deal so I bit).
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    lilwing88:
    I think it's pretty typical for the fiberglass models. I had one and noticed the same thing. It worked fine, though. However, I never got used to the handle of it. It felt awkward in my hand. So, I'm sticking with my classic double guillotine.
    That's good to know. As long as it doesn't affect the cut, I'm ok with it. How's your cigar-a-thon?
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    KCW:
    I'm getting an Xi3. Any reports on these? (Got a decent deal so I bit).
    From what I've heard, it's the same blades/same warranty, just different materials used in making the handles
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    its almost impossible to get both blades to close at the exact same time no matter what brand or cutter you use. . but if you look at how the Xi cutters are designed i assure you that both blades cut the same amount.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    I have one and it always cuts great. I had a problem getting used to it since it is so sharp there is almost no resistance when you cut. Also - a great company that really stands behind the product.
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    I have a Xi3 that my girlfriend got me for christmas, and I love it. I wouldn't think what is happening to yours be a huge problem. I can't believe how sharp mine is until I forgot it and used the double cutter at the local B&M
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    its almost impossible to get both blades to close at the exact same time no matter what brand or cutter you use. . but if you look at how the Xi cutters are designed i assure you that both blades cut the same amount.
    I agree with this. The blades come together when you close evenly so they are both cutting.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    one of my blades has a little nick on it. It was there when I got it. Should I send it in to be fixed?
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    one of my blades has a little nick on it. It was there when I got it. Should I send it in to be fixed?
    Definitely. Take advantage of the lifetime warranty.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    sightunseen:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Definitely. Take advantage of the lifetime warranty.

+1 These guys are great. Toss in a note that says what the problem is and they'll fix or replace!