Home General Discussion

2023 Milwaukee Herf June 9,10, 11

peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know the drill, be there or be square.

Talk amongst yourselves as to BnB lodging.

Don't forget the pre-herf on Thursday the 8th at @Patrickbrick's.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice. Be there.

Don't look ↑
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

In

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭✭✭

In

@VegasFrank and I are knocking around the idea of a round of golf Thursday before the festivities at @Patrickbrick house. Anyone else interested?

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

In> @MrShrek said:

@VegasFrank and I are knocking around the idea of a round of golf Thursday before the festivities at @Patrickbrick house. Anyone else interested?

Possibly
    Edit probably not I like my Patrick time on Thursday
    I'll think on it

Post edited by Jrflickster on
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are many courses not far from me,let me know how much you want to spend. I actually might get talked into this, been a decade since I played though.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never once in my life played golf, I'd probably hit some old person in the head accidentally, either with a flying ball or a flying club.

Calvin's in.

Don't look ↑
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've played about 5 rounds in my life, once in the past 20 years. But I'd give it a try.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Calvin's in.

My disagree, I'm perfectly capable of embarrassing myself for free, I don't need to spend a bunch of time and money on it also. Y'all have fun though. (see?)

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I side w/ Calvin; I can't read his y'all and hear it in his voice. He'll just never be able to say it and have it come off naturally. Maybe we can do some vocal training in June and help him get right.

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s not about the game, it’s the people you’re with!

And how many beers I can drink

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

Which courses would you recommend @Patrickbrick ?

@Patrickbrick said:
    been a decade since I played though.

If it’s anything like his dart game, drunken muscle memory will surely take over.

How much do you want to spend, and how difficult? Chalet Hills, Foxford Hills, prairie Island, Countryside (links style and least expensive), Arboretum, Cranes Landing. These are all not far and good courses. Arboretum has water on 16 of the 18 and used to have a 3 tier 18th green, heard they made it easier though. Foxford Hills, Chalet hills, are gorgeous and difficult. Prairie Island is a close third.

MOW badge received.
    edited January 2023

I can get us on Glenview for free but is 13 miles away. There are a **** ton more courses down that way too. Before the real world came calling i played almost everyday, I know most of the courses around.

MOW badge received.

Considering I’m one step above golfing with a windmill or giant clown head to putt into, I’m perfectly fine with cheap and easy.

edited February 2023

@Patrickbrick said:
    How much do you want to spend, and how difficult?

Not much and not much is perfectly fine with me....

Don't look ↑
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait Golf? HMMM

I do have this weekend blocked off to be there. Not sure if I can swing Thursday in IL but will see how things look as we get closer for that.

Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White

After chatting with Patrick and seeing Frank is of a similar mind as me, I say we give Glenview Park Golf Club a try. Patrick hasn’t played it so it’ll be new for everyone , probably not that difficult and the price is right.

That's my 'like'. :*

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    And how many beers I can drink

A guy can put away a lot of beers in a round of golf. Good thing you can’t get a DUI on a golf cart. Or can you? 🤔

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm up in the air at the moment. Crossing my fingers I can make it, as I look forward to this every year.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope you can make it again this year.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@Wylaff said:
    I'm up in the air at the moment. Crossing my fingers I can make it, as I look forward to this every year.

I trust you will do your best to get here, Wayne, and pray your endeavors are fruitful.

Hope you can make it Wayne!

MOW badge received.