Home Non Cigar Related
Options

How to tell if you are old.......

Comments

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    You are old if your pocket knife doesn't have a belt clip.

Or if your britches have pockets that a pocketknife will actually fit in comfortably.

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love this thread because I relate to all of these. I hate this thread because I relate to all these posts. Yes I remember when this new fast food restaurant called McDonald's showed up and the schools would take the kids there on a field trip. Or the first time a Walmart was built in the area. It's amazing how getting old sneaks up on you.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

When you have ridden on one of those mechanical car rides for $o.25 in front of the department or grocery store.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember when cable TV only had two channels, A and B.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    When you have ridden on one of those mechanical car rides for $o.25 in front of the department or grocery store.

When you’ve done that for a dime.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're old when you realize you were wrong when you thought you were old five or ten years back.

The plus side is, even though "today's old" seems pretty old, in five or tens years I/we will most likely wish we were only as old as we are now.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got carded at the grocery store the other day. They glanced at my ID and said "starts with a 1, you're fine..." Apperantly people born this millennium are adults now...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Trykflyr_1 I remember for a nickel!

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cbuck said:
    @Trykflyr_1 I remember for a nickel!

Did you guys have the first radio on the block lol.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember bottomless cups of coffee.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember when I thought 30 was old. Now I think ahh to be a kid again

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    I recently went to my barber and the kid asked me if I wanted my ear hair trimmed. I begrudgingly said yes.

Mine does my ears, nose and eyebrows. I look forward to that more than the hair and beard.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

My ear hair grows at twice the rate of that on my head.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

@Wylaff said:

Mine does my ears, nose and eyebrows hair and beard.

An arm and a leg?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

People start referring to you as a "silver fox."

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

You sexy **** you!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023

@First_Warrior said:
    I am old because I can remember having to move the assistant principal's desk so he could get "swinging room" before he beat me with his custom paddle. I think that was in response to me for setting off firecrackers in a school stairwell.

Yeah, I remember Coach Ferguson telling me "wait right here while I go get my paddle"

Sure coach, off he went to his office...

Sound of my feet leaving quickly.

Coach was about 6 foot 5

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain