Home Non Cigar Related

Netflix recommendations And Prime( if you got it)

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    Paramount +
    Tulsa King
    Mayor of Kingstown

Interestingly, all those shows have something in common with Yellowstone. They were all written by Taylor Sheridan. He also wrote the screen play for the movie Sicario. He is also a hall of fame cowboy.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Last of Us on HBO is great

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• BullSquatchBullSquatch Posts: 562 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Menu on HBOMax. Trust me. It is INSANE! Awesome movie.

"Some people meditate, I smoke cigars." - Ron Perlman
    "...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon
    Two Time Cigar Lottery Winner

I also recommend Tulsa King. Very good!

"...I intend to go home tonight and smoke a cigar to the glory of God." - Charles Spurgeon

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

Snowed in yesterday, wife was sick, watched season 2 of Picard. Very surprising that Rio almost constantly had a cigar in hand.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

Episode 5 of The last of Us the dropped last night on HBO instead of Sunday night. Guessing they didn't want to compete with the super bowl. It was great by the way.

Don't look ↑
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok I got to say the first episode of Those of Us hooked me

The Murdaugh Family doc on Netflix, the podcast, the actual trial (currently going on). INSANE case that i am currently addicted to. I personally knows folks who know this family well. Crazy story around a SC lawyer and the murders associated with his family, including his own wife and son, for which he is currently being tried for.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

The End Of The F***ing World on Netflix is dark and funny English TV. I liked it.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BullSquatch said:
    The Murdaugh Family doc on Netflix, the podcast, the actual trial (currently going on). INSANE case that i am currently addicted to. I personally knows folks who know this family well. Crazy story around a SC lawyer and the murders associated with his family, including his own wife and son, for which he is currently being tried for.

My wife is also invested in the case, she misses Court TV a lot.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

The anniversary of The Miracle On Ice was yesterday. Taking advantage of a snow day to continue my annual tradition.

edited February 2023

Really digging Last of us. Episode 3 really pulled at my heart strings. Just started 4.
    What’s weird is I was just reading about this fungus a few days before I started watching the show.

-- Winston Churchill

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    The End Of The F***ing World on Netflix is dark and funny English TV. I liked it.

I usually appreciate British humor, but that one was too dark. I made it through the first episode, but the monkey-see-monkey-do attitude of teenagers frightens me. How long before we have a new crop of copycat killers emulating the main character? I have to admit that it was well done. But, I can't get into enjoying a show about a kid who fantasizes about murdering his new girlfriend.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

On another, far different note, I watched "The Other One" on Netflix last night. Biographical documentary about Bob Weir, guitarist and singer for The Grateful Dead. If I want to see Dead, that's the kind of Dead I can get into.

Maybe I just saw too many actually dead people in ER and ICU to appreciate the "humor" of The End of the F***ing World.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

@Amos_Umwhat I thought the same thing and was going to ditch it after episode 2, but it turned out James isn't a psychopath and it got much better.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fauda on Netflix. The star reminds me of @Usaf06

edited March 2023

@peter4jc said:
    @Amos_Umwhat I thought the same thing and was going to ditch it after episode 2, but it turned out James isn't a psychopath and it got much better.

I forgot what the title was. Did it get renewed? Nope still just the two seasons. It didn’t even get a real ending. Disappointing

• Deadstroke174Deadstroke174 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭✭

Facing Nolan on Netflix is a great documentary on Nolan Ryan

The Night Agent on Netflix is very good.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got hooked on the Kiefer Sutherland conspiracy drama Rabbit/Hole on Paramount+. I've watched the first two episodes but they've only released the first three so far.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Atypical is great!

A man named Otto. Just watched it. Fantastic flick

@Rhamlin said:

We went and saw that in the theater when it came out. Great movie.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Rhamlin said:

We went and saw that in the theater when it came out. Great movie.

Watched it last night. Enjoyed his take on driving.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

Beef on Netflix. Things escalate.

Justified on Hulu, 6 seasons, starting out pretty good.

• Deadstroke174Deadstroke174 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭✭

Justified is a great show

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

3% on Netflix. Brazilian series dubbed into English. If you liked the platform, then you'll like this ( @peter4jc ). Best thing I've watched since the last of us.

Don't look ↑
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    3% on Netflix. Brazilian series dubbed into English. If you liked the platform, then you'll like this ( @peter4jc ). Best thing I've watched since the last of us.

That is some dark stuff Frank.

A little dirt never hurt