Home Non Cigar Related

Some Shocking Info, What do you Think?

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
There's a lot here, so beware, but it sure does bring some perspective on a few things in our current way of life....

Af-Pak War Racket: The Obama Illusion Comes Crashing Down - link

The Business Roundtable - link

Richest 1% Have Captured America's Wealth - link

Obama Increases War - link

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭

secret intelligence - link
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Damn Pheebs, you're on a role today...

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Damn feebs, maybe you oughta lay off this left-wing stuff, eh? All these articles have one thing in common - they're all conspiracy theory catnip. The right-winger nuts love conspiracy stuff too, and if I looked around, I wouldn't have to go far to find it, just like you didn't have to go far to pick up this left-wing crap.

Seriously feebs, pick a NYT or WSJ - anything they print they need to actually stand behind, so they need sources before spewing out anything. I know that both the Left and the Right have been going really populist in the past few months, but you gotta take a step outside this stuff.

Consider that the richest 10% pay about 90% of the taxes in the US; consider that most of this stuff is written by Europe, a continent which is literally dying (economic growth of 2%, a graying population, and not enough babies being born to replace the current generation) - a good bit of this stuff is written in jealousy of the US; consider that the Left has been talking about the "military-industrial complex" since the 60's - none of these arguments are new; they were all created in the 60's, and they just haven't died out among the hard-core Left.

It's cool if you're a liberal, but damn man, chill out with this hard-core stuff - take a peek at a few newspapers now and again to ground yourself. The authors who write this stuff do so with the intention of firing up the true believers - it's literally propaganda meant to "rally the troops to the cause". It's fine to peruse this stuff, but eventually you gotta put it down, take a breather, and realize the world ain't coming to an end. Pick up a Wall Street Journal or a New York Times and just chill out on a Saturday or Sunday and get away from the conspiracy junk.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    IMO some of your sources are suspect. I agree that the media largely ignores all of the stuff that Obama does that would have drawn howls under W. I find it very interesting about all the violence hype when it is nothing new and happened for 3 years under the previous admin but was simply called protests then. The media has become very slanted to the left and this is one of the reasons so many have migrated to Fox and talk radio for info. We need to hear the other side of the story. Now our LEO are being turned loose on American citizens because they belong to "militia" groups. So any group they now deem to be "militia" is fair game for the Holder Justice Dept. I would rather they spend the time securing the borders right now.
    xmacro:
    Damn feebs, maybe you oughta lay off this left-wing stuff, eh? All these articles have one thing in common - they're all conspiracy theory catnip. The right-winger nuts love conspiracy stuff too, and if I looked around, I wouldn't have to go far to find it, just like you didn't have to go far to pick up this left-wing crap.

Seriously feebs, pick a NYT or WSJ - anything they print they need to actually stand behind, so they need sources before spewing out anything. I know that both the Left and the Right have been going really populist in the past few months, but you gotta take a step outside this stuff.

Consider that the richest 10% pay about 90% of the taxes in the US; consider that most of this stuff is written by Europe, a continent which is literally dying (economic growth of 2%, a graying population, and not enough babies being born to replace the current generation) - a good bit of this stuff is written in jealousy of the US; consider that the Left has been talking about the "military-industrial complex" since the 60's - none of these arguments are new; they were all created in the 60's, and they just haven't died out among the hard-core Left.

It's cool if you're a liberal, but damn man, chill out with this hard-core stuff - take a peek at a few newspapers now and again to ground yourself. The authors who write this stuff do so with the intention of firing up the true believers - it's literally propaganda meant to "rally the troops to the cause". It's fine to peruse this stuff, but eventually you gotta put it down, take a breather, and realize the world ain't coming to an end. Pick up a Wall Street Journal or a New York Times and just chill out on a Saturday or Sunday and get away from the conspiracy junk.
    Yeah, this is a bit far from the conspiracy end. So much of the stuff is grounded in fact. There isn't a left or right to this. Trying to call this liberal is just dead inaccurate.
    fla-gypsy:
    IMO some of your sources are suspect. I agree that the media largely ignores all of the stuff that Obama does that would have drawn howls under W. I find it very interesting about all the violence hype when it is nothing new and happened for 3 years under the previous admin but was simply called protests then. The media has become very slanted to the left and this is one of the reasons so many have migrated to Fox and talk radio for info. We need to hear the other side of the story. Now our LEO are being turned loose on American citizens because they belong to "militia" groups. So any group they now deem to be "militia" is fair game for the Holder Justice Dept. I would rather they spend the time securing the borders right now.
    I would tend to disagree that the media is bent left. The left wing has massively less networks and airwaves as the rights. Look at the radio stations that the right media has, it's huge in comparison to the left. Fox news is one of the largest watched networks out there. I have no doubt that most news on any network is skewed to either side. These links though aren't really taking a left or right side though.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Yeah, this is a bit far from the conspiracy end. So much of the stuff is grounded in fact. There isn't a left or right to this. Trying to call this liberal is just dead inaccurate.
    Feebs man, class warfare has been peddled since ancient times; most recently, it's been the Left that's been trying to use it for their advantage.
    - The article about the Richest 1% is old, really old - I'm talking 60's student protests old; it's a definite Left bias
    - The "military-industrial complex" is a term coined in the 60's and picked up by the anti-war Left
    - The anti-war article about Obama is also from the Left. Obama was elected based on perceptions - the Right always hated him, the moderates took him at his word as a post-partisan candidate, and the Left took him as a saviour who would institute a century of progressive ideas (SCHIP, healthcare, stimulus). He's done well and kept a lot of constituents happy, but recently he's been making his progressive base extremely angry by surging troops in Afghanistan, not demanding a public option in the health care, not passing the Employee Free Choice act, not ramping up subsidies for social groups, not defending ACORN, etc. They've been lashing out at Democrats (Stupak in particular) and Obama for what they perceive as a betrayal of sorts.

Bottom line is, this stuff is all Left-wing stuff. Seriously man, don't believe all this junk - these "journalists" are propagana-mongers with an agenda to get their readers angry and fired up. Chill out with a MOW and read a mainstream paper - they don't report everything, and they have biases, but at least they're sourced, and not written by someone in their basement with pictures of Roswell on the walls

Feebs - just found this - your sources, like Alternet are Progressive/highly liberal - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternet

AlterNet, a project of the non-profit Independent Media Institute, is a progressive/liberal activist news service. Launched in 1998, AlterNet now claims a readership of over 3 million visitors per month.

AlterNet publishes original content as well as journalism from a wide variety of other sources. AlterNet states that its mission is to "inspire citizen action and advocacy on the environment, human rights and civil liberties, social justice, media, and health care issues." AlterNet's tagline is "The Mix is the Message."
    phobicsquirrel:
    I would tend to disagree that the media is bent left. The left wing has massively less networks and airwaves as the rights. Look at the radio stations that the right media has, it's huge in comparison to the left. Fox news is one of the largest watched networks out there. I have no doubt that most news on any network is skewed to either side. These links though aren't really taking a left or right side though.
    Not quite - while it's true Air America was a dismal failure, the fact remains that about 80-90% of journalists are card-carrying Democrats (literally - they've done poll after poll, and it always comes out like this). FOX news, as much as you hate it, is the only major conservative network - compare that to MSNBC (hard left slant), CNN (mild left slant, increases more radically around election time), NBC, ABC, not to mention the Daily Kos and their readership, etc - the conservatives can be forgiven for having a single station that peddles their viewpoint, especially considering the abundance of left-leaning stations/sources
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    phobicsquirrel:
    fla-gypsy:
    Gypsy was probably referring to the typical "Main Stream Media" meaning ABC, NBC, CNN etc. Not to mention pretty much any large newspaper or city newspaper. 99% of these mentioned slant or straight-up bend over backward Left. That's not really debatable, there have been plenty of studies to prove that which you can find for yourself. FOX News obviously slants to the right, but no more obviously than CNN slants to the left. Both networks can be impartial, but that doesn't mean I would trust either CNN or FOX to be completely impartial on most subjects.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I believe that if I looked hard enough, I could find enough "evidence" that Butterflies are preparing to overthrow the government by causing "global warming" while causing the top 1% of the rich to retain all the money and aiding Obama in his effort to increase the the war.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    I believe that if I looked hard enough, I could find enough "evidence" that Butterflies are preparing to overthrow the government by causing "global warming" while causing the top 1% of the rich to retain all the money and aiding Obama in his effort to increase the the war.
    Z0MG!! o.O

*stocks up on ammunition to suppress the Butterfly revolution*
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Smoke=Fire:
    cabinetmaker:
    Z0MG!! o.O

*stocks up on ammunition to suppress the Butterfly revolution*

Now I found a use for those dumb .22 shot cartrages
    Those .22's are dead useful if you get a conversion kit for your .45 - saves a lot of money if you shoot regularly
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    Those .22's are dead useful if you get a conversion kit for your .45 - saves a lot of money if you shoot regularly

I meant those .22 shotgun hybrid shells. Fits in a .22 but shots lots of very tiny bb's
    Oh those little things; yeah, good luck with those :-/ Not entirely sure if those can even hurt the shock troops of the Butterfly Revolution