Home General Discussion

Longest You've Gone

What with engineering school running amuck, girlfriend staying over, social events, non-tobacco school retreats etc, Its been over a week since my last smoke, and I think im going legitimately insane. Whats the longest yall have gone without lighting up?

Comments

• mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Well I rarely smoke more than a week to start with so I haven't really kept track?
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the snowy, cold Northeast, if I can't get to my B & M, I'll sometimes go two or three weeks without a cigar. It doesn't bother me a bit. It just takes me a while to get out of the fetal position on the floor and stand up!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    After 24 hours I am seriously in need of a good smoke.
  • pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    Haha i know!! I feel like i'm gonna get my 5 vegas DDs in the mail tomorrow and break down and smoke all 12 of them

• Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    There was a time I could go months between smokes. Lately one or two days is the max. I just enjoy the darn things so much!
  • asolomonasolomon Posts: 128
    I used to be once every week or two and not really keep track of it. Now that I found this site, the DDs, and got a humi I'm finding that I'm smoking 2 or 3 times a week, but I'm going to smoke off what I have left before I graduate (lol which will seriously bring it up to about four times a week), and then settle down to the 1/week or so again. I don't know about you all but I actually really don't want to be in a place where I get antsy about not having had a smoke in 24 hours or a week or whatever. Lately that's been happening every few days and I'm really not happy about that tbh.

Although over the summer when there was no good B&M nearby and I'd gone a couple of months, I did get a hankering here and there :)
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Well, with my sinus problems.. and getting sinus infections for weeks on end... I sometimes have to go 2 months or more without. .... and thats also not being able to smell or taste food :(
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I usually go at least six hours between smokes, but now that I found a friend's house that has smoking cigars not only allowed but encouraged, I sometimes will smoke two right after each other.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    YankeeMan:
    In the snowy, cold Northeast, if I can't get to my B & M, I'll sometimes go two or three weeks without a cigar. It doesn't bother me a bit. It just takes me a while to get out of the fetal position on the floor and stand up!
    +1 to that, I can go way over a month without one with this weather.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went about 2 to 3 years when I quit smoking cigars. Cancer runs in my family and I got scared after losing 2 grandfathers and my mother.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I normally don't smoke while asleep, so that's up to 8 hours...
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Fourtotheflush:
    YankeeMan:
    Yeah, winter sucks sometimes. I'll go weeks without smoking. It bothers me, of course, but not in like an "I'm addicted" sort of way. More like in a "this totally sucks that I can't enjoy a good smoke right now" kinda way.
    Down here in Houston it rarely gets too cold to smoke, and snow certainly isn't an issue XP
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    mrpillow:
    Down here in Houston it rarely gets too cold to smoke, and snow certainly isn't an issue XP
    +1 to that...id say if I go a day with out a smoke I get cranky. And also, Houston traffic + good cigar=pleasant waste of time.
  • pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    txjayhawk:
    mrpillow:
    +1 to that...id say if I go a day with out a smoke I get cranky. And also, Houston traffic + good cigar=pleasant waste of time.
    Ya I'm down in Galveston, and at the very coldest you can throw on jeans and a heavy jacket and smoke away. Need to light up in traffic sometime definately!

pnaylon:
    txjayhawk:
    mrpillow:
    Ya I'm down in Galveston, and at the very coldest you can throw on jeans and a heavy jacket and smoke away. Need to light up in traffic sometime definately!

We did have an unusually cold winter this year though...snowed twice up here in Jersey Village, first time that's happened in one year here that I can think of.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I didn't smoke for 19yrs... that's long enough!

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    My last "sabbatical" from cigars was last month for about 10 days when I was traveling. I actually didn't think about cigars too much while I was traveling. I didn't realize how much I missed enjoying a cigar until I got home and lit one up.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    TatuajeVI:
    Fourtotheflush:
    YankeeMan:
    Yeah, winter sucks sometimes. I'll go weeks without smoking. It bothers me, of course, but not in like an "I'm addicted" sort of way. More like in a "this totally sucks that I can't enjoy a good smoke right now" kinda way.

What time is it now(JK)? I hear what these guys are saying. Now that it is getting better out I doubt I'll go more than a few days. In the winter can be almost a month.
  • AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    I had to go almost six months last year without a cigar.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Oh, without a cigar.