Home Cigar 101
Options

cigar.com Torpedos

Ok, so I'm new to purchasing on this site- so far I've got the CCom sampler and a daily deal of 5 Vegas. I've smoked all but the blue, purple, and red label and think I'm pretty much set to buy a box of either the cameroon or brazilian. The dilemma though is the sampler had 1 torpedo stick, the corojo (which I enjoyed very much, not as much as cameroon or brazilian). The problem I had was the corojo unraveled a bit- this did not impair the smoke at all but was a bit annoying. When I read the reviews for torpedos from CCom I see a trend of unravelling sticks. I want a bigger smoke that doesn't draw as easily as the robusto however I don't want a churchill as that is to big. Can anyone share there experiences with the house blend torpedos as I am ready to pull the trigger on a box but don't want to be disappointed in bad wrapping.

Comments

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    With any torpedo it can be a bit tricky to get a good cut in the right place. If you carefully inspect the head of the cigar you will see the cap that has been applied, as they are on robustos or any other size. You can identify the cap by recognizing the seam of the leaf goes completely around the cigar in a circle, as opposed to the spiraling twist of the wrapper leaf. Once you identify the cap you may see it actually has two or three caps. Just make sure your cut leaves some of the lowest cap on since that is what holds the entire wrapper together. If you cut the whole cap(s) off than any cigar will unravel, not just the ccom's.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Big nailed this on the head ......... I used to not like this vitola since the wrapper would always come undone ...... then someone had asked this before and i saw the response and it works