Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

AF Anejo 55

sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
Dennisking included this stick in a PIF package a couple of months ago and I've been waiting for an occasion to smoke it. Well, Choba and I just finished with winter quarter and that was reason enough for me. He had an Anejo 48.

I didn't take notes like I usually would because I just wanted to dive into the cigar and enjoy it, not treat it like a homework assignment. So here are some thoughts that I had about this stick.

The stick looked solid. The wrapper was gorgeous and you had to look pretty hard to find the seams. The aroma was a rich sweetness.

Lighting up, I was instantly hit with smooth coffee-like goodness, no spice at all to speak of. The draw was on the light-medium side and it produce good amounts of smoke. As I progressed through the stick, I realized that I could sense the cognac influence through the nose, like a dim reflection of actually drinking some cognac and then breathing out the fumes. I guarantee you I could've smoked an actual cognac-infused cigar and it wouldn't of tasted nearly as good as the Anejo.

I had some issues with tar build-up throughout the stick, but that was fixed by progressively snipping off a little of the tip each time. All in all, this is an awesome cigar that I think lives up to its hype and well worth the price.

Comments

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Nicely reviewed. This is my number one stick so far.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Dennisking included this stick in a PIF package a couple of months ago

now THAT is one hellova PIF
  • Options
    AyatoAyato Posts: 53
    The No. 55 is a really tasty cigar.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I think I may have a #77 for my b-day celebration this week. :)
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    That's the best of the best right there. I love the 55 and the 77 but I think the cognac comes thru just a touch better in the 77. I hope some come out at Father's Day this year.