Home Non Cigar Related

Show me your firearms

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I need to take my ladies out for a photo shoot soon...
    Not many to look at, but the family is growing
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, guys, When it comes to talking on a public forum about whether or how many guns I may or may not own, I'm not so sure we should be doing it. I don't consider myself an alarmist regarding the topic of gun control but I'm seeing more and more effort being expended toward that end.

There's even recent talk about doctors and medical personnel asking questions of patients regarding whether they own any guns. Personally, I don't see that it's any of their business whether I own any firearms. There's a bit of info on this subject at Click here and there's more if you google "doctors asking about guns" on the web.

Just thought I'd toss in my 2 cents worth.
  • StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    I'm confident that our government and legal system will protect me and my family, so I got rid of all my guns. I sold them to a guy named Bob at the Gun Show last weekend.
    Streater:
    I'm confident that our government and legal system will protect me and my family, so I got rid of all my guns. I sold them to a guy named Bob at the Gun Show last weekend.

Hmmm. Do I detect a bit of tongue-in-cheek here?? Interesting.....

• zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Its not like I'm posting my address here.
    Hell, for all you know I could be the world's biggest liar and I'm just pulling these pictures off the internet.

That said, I'm tired of the entire attitude people have, oh, don't let people know you like guns, they'll think you're a nut, etc. Well, I decided a while, back F*CK THAT, if my owning guns offends someone F*CK THEM TOO. I'm not gonna hide my interests to save someone's feelings. Heck, we get the same kind of flack for loving cigars. So I open carry my pistol, I have gun stickers on my ride, I have personalized plates with a gun message on them. I'm gonna live my life and not give a damn what other people think of me. And if they want to come and take my guns they can have them.... but they're gonna have to wade through some piles of empty brass to get them.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Also, once you get into the NFA stuff, every level of government knows about it anyway. Sheriff, state police and ATF were all required to sign off on my silencer purchase.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    Also, once you get into the NFA stuff, every level of government knows about it anyway. Sheriff, state police and ATF were all required to sign off on my silencer purchase.
    Can you get a class 3 for women? I'd pay the tax
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I don't get out like I used to - but I've still got a few toys laying around. Photobucket
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭

Not actually a firearm, but relevant to this thread nonetheless. It is my gold Schutzenschnur, or German army marksmanship badge. It was presented to me today by the German army for qualifying "expert" on their weapons. I hit 27/27 targets.

It's gonna look nice on my blue service uniform.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    Not actually a firearm, but relevant to this thread nonetheless. It is my gold Schutzenschnur, or German army marksmanship badge. It was presented to me today by the German army for qualifying "expert" on their weapons. I hit 27/27 targets.

Dude... that's on the level of "Fvcking AWESOME".
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Scrambler:

Whoa!! That is some heavy sh it, my friend. Congratulations.

Uh, were any of the targets still able to sit up and take nourishment afterwards?? JK. :-)

• wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Streater:
    I just spit tea all over the place.
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    i have a few rifles, pistols, and shotguns. I will take more pictures later but heres one of my babies its an SAR3 223 image
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finished my AR build and have already started the 2nd. image
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Finished my AR build and have already started the 2nd. image
    That is awesome, if you don't mind me asking....what do you have invested in that gun. My dad built one and has about 700 in it. I'm thinking of doing the same!
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    That is awesome, if you don't mind me asking....what do you have invested in that gun. My dad built one and has about 700 in it. I'm thinking of doing the same!
    That is about a $1700 build but you can do it much cheaper. I went with a nickel boron battle trigger, hammer, and bolt carrier group. I have started a second build that is all black with no theme. So far it is a Spike's Tactical Upper and Lower. I am going cheaper on this one but I am not paying panic or gouged prices. One of my local shops got in 100 Spike's uppers and they are selling at MSRP.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give the deer a fighting chance? Aim high.

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow @Stubble woke up a zombi thread

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took a eight point in the freezing rain in a hemlock swamp with the 50.

I just read the account of that in your book today!

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's weird how often that happens

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the sheets.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.