Home General Discussion
Options

What did you get today?

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy Frank!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Those are freaking awesome extras ↑

I temporarily broke my Chinese embargo to fix my moist-n-aire unit with this inkbird unit. As you know, the moist-n-aire comes with a really crappy analog humidistat controller, which is designed for a room and is super inaccurate. This has forced me for the past couple of years to put the unit on a timer control. This digital humidistat should allow me to run my humidifier automatically now.

Ignore the terrible cable management. Just running some tests first before I dress it up nicely.

How big of a unit do you have that in?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^ I always preferred George Dickel to Jack Daniels.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:

@VegasFrank said:

I temporarily broke my Chinese embargo to fix my moist-n-aire unit with this inkbird unit. As you know, the moist-n-aire comes with a really crappy analog humidistat controller, which is designed for a room and is super inaccurate. This has forced me for the past couple of years to put the unit on a timer control. This digital humidistat should allow me to run my humidifier automatically now.

Ignore the terrible cable management. Just running some tests first before I dress it up nicely.

6x2x2 ish

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

@Diver43 said:

@VegasFrank said:

6x2x2 ish

62 in x 18 x 18 actually.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Diver43 said:

@VegasFrank said:

6x2x2 ish

So it moves a lot of air.
    Never had to deal with a humidor that large. Glad it works for you. My late friend George had one like that and was always fighting to keep it stable

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

@Diver43 said:

@VegasFrank said:

@VegasFrank said:

@Diver43 said:

@VegasFrank said:

6x2x2 ish

So it moves a lot of air.
    Never had to deal with a humidor that large. Glad it works for you. My late friend George had one like that and was always fighting to keep it stable

I put some weather stripping in the door jam because I live in the desert. I got the humidifier free with it and it does move a ton of air....probably could humidify a small walk in closet.. It's just a fan over a box of water that has holes in it.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

As long as it works. I think George's issue was the location and the humidity swings between A/C and opening the sliding glass door. Thanks

• Options

@TruDog said:

@VegasFrank said:

....So you Pee in that FunneL?

You sure are interested in my joint.

Don't look ↑