Home Non Cigar Related

New gun inbound

Not that big a deal, but I am really excited. I have a new handgun on the way. Well, not new, but new to me. Worked out a deal for a S&W 242. Was only produced for about 6 months in 2001. Its a Sandium/Titanium L-frame 7-shot .38 that weighs in at only 19oz. I am stoked. Just wanted to share.

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    How do I post a picture?
    Not mine, but 11th post down in this thread is a picture or two of a 242 http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235348
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:

This picture is priceless .................. where did they find the illiterate bum on the end
    One2gofst:
    How do I post a picture?
    Either get the picture online through imageshack or find it online - if you find it online, right-click on it, then click "View Image" on the menu that comes up. When the new page loads, copy the URL, come onto the forums, and paste the url into your message. Then you put the tag "image" at the back (use brackets, but not quotes)

A snubnose I see - looks good; you got a pocket holster for it yet?image
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I just got this one a while back...... I love it.

1966 Colt Detective's Special

Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    I've got a Detective Special and a 442 already. It is a snubby in that it is only a 2" barrel. However it is an L-frame, which in S&W parlance is two sizes bigger than the small j-frames and one size smaller than the large N-frames (not including the massive new X-frames for the super magnum calibers). So it would take a huge pocket for carrying it.

I am, however, planning on carrying it holstered AIWB for an awesome FUT blaster.
    Just re-read my post - the tag you use at the front of a URL is ( [ )img( ] )
    The tag you use at the end is ( [ ) /img ( ] )
    Sounds like it's gonna be fun times with that little thing
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Very nice. I'm planning on grabbing a 442 this summer for pocket carry. My P99 is a bit big sometimes for summer carry. (that's what she said)
    My 442 is my "always" gun. I have it setup Werner style, which makes it very nice to carry in almost any attire.

I see your up in Detroit. My folks moved up there a year ago. I am planning on being up there the week before through the weekend of the Woodward Dream Cruise.

Maybe able to get together for a stick?
    One2gofst:
    My 442 is my "always" gun. I have it setup Werner style, which makes it very nice to carry in almost any attire.

I see your up in Detroit. My folks moved up there a year ago. I am planning on being up there the week before through the weekend of the Woodward Dream Cruise.

Anytime. Anytime. Definitely hit me up!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    One2gofst:

Tat are you cheating on me with another BOTL? lol
    Sandman1am:
    TatuajeVI:
    One2gofst:

Tat are you cheating on me with another BOTL? lol
    You can come too, Tony. We can have a threesome! lol, gross.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    My 642 is my "New York Reload". Pretty much always in my front pocket or on my ankle. Had a good day at the range this weekend trying out some new stuff, including my SIG P220 and my most recent Garand. Pics later.
    zoom6zoom:
    My 642 is my "New York Reload". Pretty much always in my front pocket or on my ankle. Had a good day at the range this weekend trying out some new stuff, including my SIG P220 and my most recent Garand. Pics later.
    Love the P220. A friend I train with has one and it's just a beautiful gun to shoot.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    You guys probably know all about this but,saw a judge in action for the first time! 410 or .45 LC that's some serious personal defense!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before I retired, I used to carry a S&W Chief's Special off duty. It was a 5 shot alloy and the gun, 5 rounds, custom grips and the holster weighed a total of 21 ounces.

I carried hot loads in it, but on the range I used wad cutters and only shot a few hot loads. I was never trusting of the alloy backstrap. I had the gun for 30 years and other losing some of the bluing, it helf up like a champ.