Introduction - Dark Roast

2»

Comments

• Options
    badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    sightunseen:
    badge54fd:
    Krieg:
    Welcome aboard Mike, glad to have ya. FYI...don't ever make the mistake of mentioning the "T" word...if you hang around long enough, you will learn what it is. Oh, and watch out for this other guy on here, Kuzi, he doesn't know $hit about cigars! jk

T-word?

I dont think I qualify as a newbie anymore but I am still not sure what that word is... I have heard of a B-word that makes BOTLs skin crawl and makes them want to check theirs sticks daily to prevent an infestation.

T-word refers to a certain cigar company with some shady business practices.

Thanks for the heads-up. I will try and find out who they are so I can avoid them. I buy most of my cigars from CCom so I should be safe.

• Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    ljl:
    Welcome Darkroast -

You'll find plenty of great advice around here. Everyone is very helpful. Reminds me of calling CCOM to place an order LOL! Any questions feel free to ask (don't be shocked when your thread takes a weird turn). I also recommend using the search box. Did I see you play a bit of guitar?
    Yea I have an old Takamine that gets strummed on from time to time. Little blues, and some of my own stuff. How bout you? Nice picture
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up on edit. i took care of it. It's unfortunate that we have to take such precautions. If they could just focus their capabilities/intellect in a more positive way. Oh well?!
  • Options
    ljl:
    Hey! Brain just caught up now. PM me a few sticks you'd like to try and I'll swap for some killer bean. Let me know what you think.
    PM sent
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Dark Roast:
    laker1963:
    Welcome Mike.
    Many of us here enjoy good coffee along with our cigars.
    This morning I am enjoying some awesome Nicaragua Beans (full city roast). These are a high grown bean, and do real good from med. dark to full on Starbucks. ( I too think they burn their beans)

Nice intro., I hope you stick around and add to our little community.
    Thanks Laker. As long as I'm welcome I plan on hangin. Great choice on your coffee by the way. Like cigars I think coffee can be enjoyed morning, noon and night. Liquor on the other hand is certainly a morning drink only!lol
    rofl.

Welcome to our little home, Mike. Good to have you with us. I'm one of the rare guys here that doesn't really enjoy coffee. I stopped drinking most caffeine a long time ago and now it makes me all weird when I drink coffee. Headaches, weird stomach pains. It sucks - I enjoy the taste of most coffee, just not how it affects me.
    My wife has same problem with coffee. From time to time she will indulge then regret. Can you drink decaf?
  • Options
    Hays:
    Hey Mike

Wanted to throw my .02 in, as I was incommunicado over the weekend: Welcome to the forum! Quite the introduction you put out, and from your subsequent comments it seems like you'll fit in great! It's an awesome group we have here, comprised of some the coolest, most generous, and craziest motherphuckers you can imagine...
    Thanks for your kind words. I find these Forums very relaxing and comforting...strange. Last week I was on vacation and it was much easier to frequently communicate with everyone. Now back at work I have to live up to my responsibilities and cannot BS quite as often. There are times I sit in office but mostly I am in one restaurant or another disussing the topic of that day. If I don't take care of my customers my competition will!
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Dark Roast:
    ljl:
    Hey! Brain just caught up now. PM me a few sticks you'd like to try and I'll swap for some killer bean. Let me know what you think.
    PM sent

Back to you sir. Just check your inbox, you'll see how it works from there.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Welcome aboard Mike, glad to have ya. FYI...don't ever make the mistake of mentioning the "T" word...if you hang around long enough, you will learn what it is. Oh, and watch out for this other guy on here, Kuzi, he doesn't know $hit about cigars! jk
    extending a warm welcome to you, I'm a whole-bean fanatic myself, get lots of Gevalia blends. I quote Krieg here because you need to remember both these guys, Krieg and Kuzi, extremely knowledgable chaps. I see from your intro that we're close in age, (I'm a couple ahead of you, but who's counting) and I'll tell you, I probably learned as much or more about cigars reading an hours worth of Kuzi's posts as I did smoking them for nearly 4 decades. This is a great place, welcome again.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Dark Roast:
    TatuajeVI:
    Dark Roast:
    laker1963:
    Welcome Mike.
    Many of us here enjoy good coffee along with our cigars.
    This morning I am enjoying some awesome Nicaragua Beans (full city roast). These are a high grown bean, and do real good from med. dark to full on Starbucks. ( I too think they burn their beans)

Nice intro., I hope you stick around and add to our little community.
    Thanks Laker. As long as I'm welcome I plan on hangin. Great choice on your coffee by the way. Like cigars I think coffee can be enjoyed morning, noon and night. Liquor on the other hand is certainly a morning drink only!lol
    rofl.

Welcome to our little home, Mike. Good to have you with us. I'm one of the rare guys here that doesn't really enjoy coffee. I stopped drinking most caffeine a long time ago and now it makes me all weird when I drink coffee. Headaches, weird stomach pains. It sucks - I enjoy the taste of most coffee, just not how it affects me.
    My wife has same problem with coffee. From time to time she will indulge then regret. Can you drink decaf?
    Hmm, I suppose I could. I guess I've just never considered it - decaf has a stigma to it (bad coffee stigma) though I'm sure there are some good ones out there that you could point me to.