Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Aliens, deep space, lost technology, and ancient civilizations

Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been super fascinated lately with these topics lately. I think we a miniscule part of the vast space we occupy. Was reading about the great pyramids and the granite stones used in the kings chamber. The granite stones were 25 to 80 tones each mined from 800 miles away.

One of two things put those stones that high, lost technology or Aliens. The pictures that are being captured from NASA's new telescope are wild. I read they captured a galaxy 13.5 billion light years away. That's literally looking back in time. You can look up how long it takes to travel 13.5 billion light years.

Stuff is fascinating to me. Thoughts?

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Comments

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    Been super fascinated lately with these topics lately. I think we a miniscule part of the vast space we occupy. Was reading about the great pyramids and the granite stones used in the kings chamber. The granite stones were 25 to 80 tones each mined from 800 miles away.

One of two things put those stones that high, lost technology or Aliens. The pictures that are being captured from NASA's new telescope are wild. I read they captured a galaxy 13.5 billion light years away. That's literally looking back in time. You can look up how long it takes to travel 13.5 billion light years.

Stuff is fascinating to me. Thoughts?

100% with you still my favorite show is ancient aliens constant repeat for my go to fall asleep show. There are some amazing ancient site around the world that just don't make sense

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like History’s Greatest Mysteries. They just did a show about Stonehenge which makes you think how they possibly got the rocks there

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't disbelieve in alien life, but I wonder if, in the 12,000 or so years or recorded human history, if aliens visited within those 12,000 years, and much more recently (within the time of the Great Pyramids in Egypt), why did they stop visiting?

• Options

@TRayB said:
    I don't disbelieve in alien life, but I wonder if, in the 12,000 or so years or recorded human history, if aliens visited within those 12,000 years, and much more recently (within the time of the Great Pyramids in Egypt), why did they stop visiting?

They haven't. That's becoming more evident every day.

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

If aliens visited earth today looking for intelligent life they would move on

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

Calculating out the theorized amount of galaxies, solar systems and stars, then a small percentage of solar systems capable of having planets that are in the "zone" capable of sustaining life and even calculating at .001 percent of those, that might possibly have intelligent life, that number is in the billions. So the possibility that there is advanced life is far greater than was imagined 30 years ago.

There is a shift in mainstream archeology, that ancient technology may have been far more advanced, than we can imagine and that technology, for whatever reason, has been lost.
    They are having a hard time understanding or explaining why or how that technology has been lost and why there is no evidence of it.

When you look at the monuments across the world and what it would take with today's machines to move those giant stones, it boggles the mind. I've worked with some of the heaviest machines built and I can't imagine moving an 80 ton stone without giant equipment. Forget trying to stand up a one piece stone obelisk. The machines would have to be massive.

To give you an idea, the Cat 6090 FS excavator weighs 1,000 tons/2,000,000 lbs, takes 1,000 Kw to run it and is capable of lifting 90 tons. But, it's about 35 feet wide and moving it takes some care.

Just a few thoughts on it. 🤣

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

@Usaf06 said:

@TRayB said:

How so?

• Options

@TRayB said:

@Usaf06 said:

@TRayB said:

How so?

It's all over the place.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/06/09/uap-sightings-recent-ufo-reports/70308410007/

-- Winston Churchill

• Options

@Usaf06 said:

@TRayB said:

@Usaf06 said:

@TRayB said:

How so?

It's all over the place.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/06/09/uap-sightings-recent-ufo-reports/70308410007/

But they don't seem to be making any contact, nor imbuing us with any of their superior intelligence.

• Options
    edited June 2023

When you try and remain objective, but then the Pentagon releases declassified video of the Navy "Tic Tac" phenomena, it is difficult to refute it.
    At the same time, the question of why it was declassified remains.

When experts analyze the video and it creates more questions than answers, it leaves you shaking your head.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options

@Usaf06 said:

@TRayB said:

@Usaf06 said:

@TRayB said:

@Usaf06 said:

@TRayB said:

How so?

It's all over the place.

But they don't seem to be making any contact, nor imbuing us with any of their superior intelligence.

Would you? Lmao. We can't even figure out what a women is anymore.

There was plenty of buttf***ing going on 3000 years ago!

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve always wondered about the pyramids myself. Especially the ones in Egypt. The Sahara has been expanding for centuries. Maybe the rocks were actually there at one time. I know the archeological evidence says they came from far away; however that’s based on finding that type of rock in those areas. How do we know the rock wasn’t there to start with and the evidence wasn’t washed away by the sands of time?

• Options

@Rdp77 said:
    I’ve always wondered about the pyramids myself. Especially the ones in Egypt. The Sahara has been expanding for centuries. Maybe the rocks were actually there at one time. I know the archeological evidence says they came from far away; however that’s based on finding that type of rock in those areas. How do we know the rock wasn’t there to start with and the evidence wasn’t washed away by the sands of time?

I believe the quarry shows the evidence that stones were cut from there. That and the science that links the granite.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options

@TRayB said:

@Usaf06 said:

@TRayB said:

@Usaf06 said:

@TRayB said:

@Usaf06 said:

@TRayB said:

How so?

It's all over the place.

Would you? Lmao. We can't even figure out what a women is anymore.

There was plenty of buttf***ing going on 3000 years ago!

Butt they knew what a women is, they just chose the other side.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options

@0patience said:
    When you try and remain objective, but then the Pentagon releases declassified video of the Navy "Tic Tac" phenomena, it is difficult to refute it.

When experts analyze the video and it creates more questions than answers, it leaves you shaking your head.

I look at it differently. I dont ask why it was declassified, I ask why was it classified in the first place.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options

@Usaf06 said:

@0patience said:

I look at it differently. I dont ask why it was declassified, I ask why was it classified in the first place.

I just meant that the govt tends to like to keep these sort of things from the public.
    I know there were several freedom of information requests specifically for the Tic tac video, as it was leaked to researchers.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everywhere is the center of the universe. I spend a lot of time there, as if time-space was a real thing

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps all these relics and artifacts are the result of previous earth-bound civilization that has been erased, or forgotten? Maybe there are ways to navigate space as if it wasn't there and didn't take millions of light years to travel and visitors are coming and going regularly? Perhaps much of the last 500 years of advances in technology and engineering have been subtly introduced, and the average schmo like us isn't supposed to know?

Whatever really happened, it's pretty obvious that we're mostly in the dark about everything, and that's not just happenstance. Notice how often history gets erased? Notice how few people remember the lessons of just a generation or two ago? Our lives are so short that most people never grow up to a point where they consider anything of real, lasting value. About the time we start developing any sense, we're old and we die.

Who's monitoring all this? Who's making sure that we never get very far? And why?

Why? Well, I think we've got a handle on "why".

Nick answered that a few posts up. One thing's for sure...

We're a danger to ourselves and others.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our universe may exist in a Petri dish.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Supposedly Nasa had a press conference recently talking about unknown aircraft orbiting earth. I'm waiting on my son to send me a link.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options

Ancient Apocalypse on Netflix is a good series.

-- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:
    I think we a miniscule part of the vast space we occupy.

I believe I am 100% of the vast space I occupy.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

And then there's this too...

https://youtu.be/7tScAyNaRdQ

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis