Home Cigar 101

BOTL Humidor Reviews - Need Help!

gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
Friends,

Well, I fell victim to the old problem - "30ct humi will be more than I ever need..." then it was the 150ct which would last me forever. Now, the 250ct I bought in addition to those has filled up as well. I swear, whoever comes up with the stogie counts must use Swishers to determine them, but thats another post for another time...

In solution, Im thinking about making a purchase of either the Bolivar or the Lemans on this web page:

http://www.cigarhumidors-online.com/cigar-humidors-n/cigar-humidors/cabinet-humidors-furniture.html

When you figure in the Cigar Oasis XL Plus('s) they're throwing in, either seems like a pretty good deal. My question is, does anyone on the boards know anything about either humidor, and/or has anyone done business with these people (cigarhumidors-online.com)? Would hate to shell out this kind of cash on a lemon. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Never done business with them, but it looks like these are constructed with the same materials most mass-produced humi's are.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Just throwing this out there

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=875145

I have purchased from these guys ....... and have been satisfied ..... if you can wait it out you may win the auction for a lot less than the buy it now price. And as far as humidity goes .... 2 pounds of beads and a small fan would work flawless in this settup .....
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    mmmm 600 count. They look nice. I know I love my cigar oasis so that is a definite bonus
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    hell if you can afford it (the actual cabinet and filling it) go for the bigger one. I caculated that my humi should hold 650 or so. Im packed in there pretty good sitting at 454. Would have gone bigger if i coulda afforded it.
  • minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    kingjk729:
    Just throwing this out there

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=875145

I have purchased from these guys ....... and have been satisfied ..... if you can wait it out you may win the auction for a lot less than the buy it now price. And as far as humidity goes .... 2 pounds of beads and a small fan would work flawless in this settup .....

Anyone else have a good experience with that site? Not that I don't trust you, King, it's just that those bid sites make me a little nervous.

And apologies to ccom for talking about this, but you guys don't carry the model I'm looking at.

NM, The Beard hooked me up!
  • MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    'I have used them and have had not problems the items came fast and the were great.
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    MESKC:
    'I have used them and have had not problems the items came fast and the were great.
    +1 Im there pretty regularly, and they have never done me wrong. A little time in the humi is a must as I dont think they are quite as diligent in how they store & ship their stuff as Ccom is, but other than that they're pretty good!

The thing I like about the humi's I mentioned in the original post is the organization possible with them, along with the storage space. In most humi's this size, there is lots of storage for boxes, and less (it seems) for singles. Since I mostly buy 5 & 10 packs, box storage doesnt help me much if I want to keep track of my sticks.

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Well chiming in on the bidding site, my buddy has bought singles, 5packs, and recently a box from there - almost all of them have come very dry, and we've since found mold or beetle holes on several. Neither of us will personally be buying sticks from there ANY time soon. This is just regarding their sticks, however - I was perfectly happy with my herf-a-dor that I got there.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've never had a problem with anything from c-bid. The cigars come from the same place that cigar.com's do, the Cigars International warehouse, so I don't see why there would be much of a gap in quality, and have personally not experienced one....and I've bought just a few (nudge nudge, wink wink) cigars on there.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    All of my humidors have come from cheaphumidors dotcom, great service, fast shipping and the quality is top notch.....i even got the "imperfect" humidors....cant even tell where the flaw is.....and i saved a ton!
  • It looks like they have a great selection and the prices are great! Heck I've been eying their "THE Oxford". I mean $200 for a stand up 500ct cabinet? And with the reviews posted by a few of the members here, looks like that maybe a near purchase!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I have purchased some 5 packs from the site ..... ashtrays and cutters for gifts and have never had any problem with the quality of any of the sticks i have bought ...... As stated before these ship from the same 70/70 shipping facility that your DD and ccom orders are filled from ..... sometimes its just about being patient for the auction to end to bid
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    SWEET

nuff said....
  • j0z3r:
    I've never had a problem with anything from c-bid. The cigars come from the same place that cigar.com's do, the Cigars International warehouse, so I don't see why there would be much of a gap in quality, and have personally not experienced one....and I've bought just a few (nudge nudge, wink wink) cigars on there.
    +1
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    All of my humidors have come from cheaphumidors dotcom, great service, fast shipping and the quality is top notch.....i even got the "imperfect" humidors....cant even tell where the flaw is.....and i saved a ton!
    +1

My wife bought me one for Christmas almost a year and a half ago and I got a second one, an imperfect, and both work very well. The only mar was a small nick in the back of the humidor.