Home Non Cigar Related

Show me your firearms

Comments

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking M-1. Do you keep the .45 cocked and locked?

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

@First_Warrior said:
    Nice looking M-1. Do you keep the .45 cocked and locked?

Of course, as it was designed to be.

The M1 is a CMP Special grade. Basically, when all of the rifles with good barrels were gone they started putting Criterion match barrels on them. Also new wood and parkerizing. It's a good shooter. 2moa with gi ball ammo.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

Beto is a chump who will never amount to anything, politically, if he stays in gun loving Texas. He'll have to either move to move on to a fully commie state like NY, CA or NJ, or get a job at Gifford or some other anti-american organization.

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brokegunner said:
    I have a couple around here somewhere. Here's one of my favorites. It's a Winchester Model 1873 that was made in 1874, so next year it will be 150 years old. It was special ordered with a case colored receiver and single set trigger. The serial number is 4 digits under 2000 so it's a first model with the raised thumbprint dust cover.

@Brokegunner - .44-40 ?

@Brokegunner said:
    I have a couple around here somewhere. Here's one of my favorites. It's a Winchester Model 1873 that was made in 1874, so next year it will be 150 years old. It was special ordered with a case colored receiver and single set trigger. The serial number is 4 digits under 2000 so it's a first model with the raised thumbprint dust cover.

Very nice! Never let that go. And make sure the wife and kids know how special and expensive it is.

• BrokegunnerBrokegunner Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:

@Brokegunner said:

@Brokegunner - .44-40 ?

Yes, it's 44-40. On most Model 1873 you will see a caliber marking on the cartridge lifter like "38 Cal" in a flowing script, but on these early 1873s they did not mark it 44 cal as they were all 44 caliber.

"Not all heroes eat crepes"

• Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    I picked these babies up a few years ago for a really sweet deal…and I’ve got a few put away that Mr. ATFman doesn’t need to know about.

Looks like you've got a couple of space lasers there, Rusty.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sethbanks711 said:
    Haha, nice try ATF.

???

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

If he thinks like I think, it’s not you entrapping us to post pictures as much as it is me posting a dissenting opinion about the government years in the future, and pictures in this thread getting me added to a no fly list or similar.

@0patience said:
    Marlin Glenfield Model 25
    Bought it cause we needed a target gun.
    Oh and for those who say its so easy to get a gun, I was denied, had to appeal and it took almost 3 weeks. I have no record for anything and buying a 22 was a chore.

To this day I can not tell you why, but every time I went to purchase a gun, my background check would come back as provisional. Which didn't mean no, but the feds could come back within 72 hours and say give it back.
    Big bucks stores would not release it.
    At the time I was honorably retired from the Army, was working for DoD in a position that required a Top Secret Clearance. I went to the FBI and was issued a UPIN, since then there has never been an issue.
    Those that say anyone can buy a gun, is not being honest

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:

@0patience said:
    Oh and for those who say its so easy to get a gun, I was denied, had to appeal and it took almost 3 weeks. I have no record for anything and buying a 22 was a chore.

To this day I can not tell you why, but every time I went to purchase a gun, my background check would come back as provisional. Which didn't mean no, but the feds could come back within 72 hours and say give it back.
    At the time I was honorably retired from the Army, was working for DoD in a position that required a Top Secret Clearance. I went to the FBI and was issued a UPIN, since then there has never been an issue.

I am probably going to have to get a UPIN. The gun store I go to said it would make things easier.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:

@0patience said:

You may have the same or similar name to someone who is prohibited.

@TRayB said:

@Diver43 said:

@0patience said:

You may have the same or similar name to someone who is prohibited.

It was either that, as yes same last name prohibited, or, my position working closely with movement of a 4 Star Combatant Commander was being monitored. Or, who knows, they would not tell me.

@0patience said:

@Diver43 said:

@0patience said:

I am probably going to have to get a UPIN. The gun store I go to said it would make things easier.

I have not had an issue since getting the UPIN. When I purchased that rifle last week, background came back approved almost instantly. It's free, go for it.