Home Ratings & Reviews

Ccom Cuban Label

robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
not much of a review here, but I really was unimpressed... the burn and draw were great... wrapper looked great except for a little round "patch"... looked like an extra piece of the wrapped glued on to cover a blemish... it was purely cosmetic as the burn was great... it was just bland... not harsh, just boring... it was only the 4th Ccom label I smoked (the other 4 were Brazilian), but I think I expected too much... I have a few more resting so I'll give it another shot... but as we stand, I'm not a fan

Comments

• coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    I tried my first Cuban label this past Friday. I am new to smoking cigars but, I really enjoyed the one I had. While smoking it I found myself saying that why even bother purchasing other cigars that cost 3 times what this does? I have now had the Cuban, Purple and Brazillian. I have liked all three so far.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    coachjamie:
    I tried my first Cuban label this past Friday. I am new to smoking cigars but, I really enjoyed the one I had. While smoking it I found myself saying that why even bother purchasing other cigars that cost 3 times what this does? I have now had the Cuban, Purple and Brazillian. I have liked all three so far.
    I am completely sold on the Brazilian... they had a Weekend Blitz a few weeks ago featuring the Brazilian Label... 16 sticks (4 different vitolas) for $19.95... I grabbed 2... needless to say, they are my go to stick... plus I will have them at my wedding... anyway, I think the Brazilian skewed my expectation level. I'm not giving up on the Cuban label just yet... One thing that I really didn't like was the aftertaste... it just hung around... Normally I can have some Tonic and Lemon juice to clean my mouth then brush and it's all but cleared up, but this taste was not going anywhere...
    Again... it wasn't horrible, i was just not all that impressed...
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    There are only 3 of the Ccom House blends I like, and those are the Brazilian, Cuban, and Blue Label. My favorite of the three is a toss-up between the Brazilian and Cuban, I think they're both fantastic at their price point. I won't smoke the corona size though, the wrapper-filler ratio is too slim and there isn't enough filler to balance out the flavors. Especially the Brazilian label, it lacks complexity in that size.

One thing you have to do with the Ccom House Blends is make sure they're well rested before you smoke them; they're at their best when you do. Also, the Blue and Cuban label are both great with coffee in the morning.

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I had a fantastic cuban label the other day with a few months on it.. the rest really did it well. The robusto lasted 1 hr 45 minutes and it was great.. tastes are always different though
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I'm gonna let my remaining 2 Cuban Labels sit for a while... I'll revisit them in June and see what happens
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I smoked one of these today. The flavors were decent, but didn't exactly knock my socks off. The draw was perfect, the burn was great for the most part, and the smoke production was off the charts. I think this stick produced more smoke per draw than anything I have ever smoked. It also held ash for a solid 2.5 inches or so, which was cool.

Right around the band point it started getting reallllllly hot and mushy. I put it out around there, and found that it had burned way down internally, far beyond the wrapper burn. This was a little disappointing.
    If I get more of these, I will definitely let the rest in the humi for a while before smoking them.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    robbyras:
    coachjamie:
    I am completely sold on the Brazilian... they had a Weekend Blitz a few weeks ago featuring the Brazilian Label... 16 sticks (4 different vitolas) for $19.95... I grabbed 2... needless to say, they are my go to stick... plus I will have them at my wedding... anyway, I think the Brazilian skewed my expectation level. I'm not giving up on the Cuban label just yet... One thing that I really didn't like was the aftertaste... it just hung around... Normally I can have some Tonic and Lemon juice to clean my mouth then brush and it's all but cleared up, but this taste was not going anywhere...
    Somehow I missed that deal on the CCom brazillians. The fact that I have already filled up my 120 count Humi and I have another 56 sticks on the way should never play a part in a decision like that. LOL
  • pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    I had a brazilian, a cuban, and a corojo. I thought the corojo was phenomenal, the brazilian was very good, and the cuban was meh. I'll definitely order more brazilians and corojos

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    fla-gypsy:
    The fact that I have already filled up my 120 count Humi and I have another 56 sticks on the way should never play a part in a decision like that. LOL
    HOLY CRAP. Hahaha.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    robbyras:
    coachjamie:
    Somehow I missed that deal on the CCom brazillians. The fact that I have already filled up my 120 count Humi and I have another 56 sticks on the way should never play a part in a decision like that. LOL

I did not miss out on the Blitz for CCOM Brazillians ....... have yet to smoke one but they are talking its gonna be pushing 70 this weekend so i think i may be torching up my firts Brazilian label with close to 1 month rest on it ............... I cant wait
  • DaveTheRookie09DaveTheRookie09 Posts: 58
    Had a Brazilian Saturday night and I was very impressed!! Perfect burn and a nice draw that wasnt too loose but neither too tight... The only disappointment I had was when I wanted to nub it but it had burned deep inside and was too hot to finish all the way...
  • brainfrzbrainfrz Posts: 73
    I'd have to agree at this point I'm sold on the Brazilian. In another thread I mentioned today that I ordered some more smokes and threw in a couple Cuban Labels just to give them another shot though- my expectations were to high when I smoked it.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    pnaylon:
    I had a brazilian, a cuban, and a corojo. I thought the corojo was phenomenal, the brazilian was very good, and the cuban was meh. I'll definitely order more brazilians and corojos

I haven't had the cuban yet, but I totally agree on the brazillian and corojo. So far, for me I love everything by Fernandez and Pepin.