Home Ratings & Reviews

GrayCliff Double Espresso

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Has anyone had one of these? I got one in that super premium DD last week. I haven't had a Graycliff yet and not having read any good things about the 1666 kinda makes me wary.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    It's a good cigar if it is well constructed, that seems to be the Achilles heel of Graycliff cigars, some have very poor construction. The 1666 is a horrible benchmark for Graycliff cigars in general, if you want a true feel for what Graycliff is all about you have to smoke the higher end offerings, like the Double Espresso, Crystal or Red Label.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    The original (red label) is excellent. Puts out a tremendous amount of smoke. I've never had a bad one. Didn't care for the 1666, so I haven't smoked many of those.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I like the 1666 in the presidente size, also the original is pretty good as is the chateau gran cru.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I agree that the 1666 is a poor benchmark for other Graycliffs. I've had the Professionale (blue label) and they've had impecabble construction/burn and really good flavor. One of these days I'm going to try their other (and even more pricey) blends.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    well, im glad to see that my first experience with graycliff might be a good one with this Double Espresso. I read that it's made with a good bit of ligero, does anyone know how much of it makes up the cigar?

"Long ashes my friends."

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I smoked a Double Espresso during the Mystery Stick game - it was fantastic. I was glad I got to try it blind, as well - made sure I wasn't expecting it to be good because they are pricey. It was definitely full bodied - lookin forward to the March Madness deal that will be coming in today. :)
  • smith001smith001 Posts: 8
    Hi,

This is Sandy here from Canada. As I have seen your comments & I must say that you had shared a lot of good information regarding the topic.

Thanks
    Sandy

software testing life cycle
    Krieg-

I'm going to be receiving a 5-er of these in the next week. Let me know if you want to trade for a stick or two.
    smith001:
    Hi,

This is Sandy here from Canada. As I have seen your comments & I must say that you had shared a lot of good information regarding the topic.

Thanks
    Sandy

Seriously? At least if you're going to spam the forum don't put the same thing in every post you make. Jeez, don't they teach spammers and originality?
    j0z3r:
    smith001:
    Hi,

Thanks
    Sandy

Seriously? At least if you're going to spam the forum don't put the same thing in every post you make. Jeez, don't they teach spammers and originality?
    Not sure if spammers and originality go hand in hand. I guess the least it could have done was to post a link that was relevant to this forum.
    sightunseen:
    Krieg-

I'm going to be receiving a 5-er of these in the next week. Let me know if you want to trade for a stick or two.
    Will do, thanks

"Long ashes my friends."

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Well, I just smoked a double espresso and thoroughly enjoyed it. Well constructed, nice long burn, good flavor profile, pepper on the finish for the first an last third. Not sure i'd pay full price for one, but as part of a sampler pack it was good.
    I pulled a Double Espresso out of my humidor today that had been in there for 16-18 months, the extra humi time really does well with this cigar, IMO they can tend to be not so great fresh, but the extra time lets them develop more. So if you can give them some humi time I think you'll enjoy a more fulfilling experience.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I pulled a Double Espresso out of my humidor today that had been in there for 16-18 months, the extra humi time really does well with this cigar, IMO they can tend to be not so great fresh, but the extra time lets them develop more. So if you can give them some humi time I think you'll enjoy a more fulfilling experience.
    Well , thanks in advance Joe. I had a fresh Gray.DE lined up for tomorrow. I'll put it back into the vault for a while longer. Damn thing just smelled so good I wanted to check it out.
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Well , thanks in advance Joe. I had a fresh Gray.DE lined up for tomorrow. I'll put it back into the vault for a while longer. Damn thing just smelled so good I wanted to check it out.
    How long did u let it sit jo?

"Long ashes my friends."

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    .. I think he said 16-18 months.. That is a long wait for some, but with Joes stash he has plenty of reserves to help pass the time. ;}
    Krieg:
    sightunseen:
    Krieg-

Will do, thanks
    KRIEEEEEEEEEEEEG!!!!!!

My DEs came in and I can part with 1 or 2. PM me if you want to work something out.
    kaspera79:
    Krieg:
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    .. I think he said 16-18 months.. That is a long wait for some, but with Joes stash he has plenty of reserves to help pass the time. ;}
    I tend to forget about stuff, then when I'm digging around I come across a gem I had forgotten about. Always a surprise waiting for me.
    sightunseen:
    Krieg:
    sightunseen:
    Krieg-

Will do, thanks
    KRIEEEEEEEEEEEEG!!!!!!

My DEs came in and I can part with 1 or 2. PM me if you want to work something out.
    ok, I am currently working on a trade with robbyras, so my cigar inventory might change. I will keep u updated, send me your email address and ill send u my inventory spreadsheet as it stands atm.

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    sightunseen:
    Krieg:
    sightunseen:
    Krieg-

Will do, thanks
    KRIEEEEEEEEEEEEG!!!!!!

ok, I am currently working on a trade with robbyras, so my cigar inventory might change. I will keep u updated, send me your email address and ill send u my inventory spreadsheet as it stands atm.
    Righto, PM to you.
    you got email

"Long ashes my friends."