Home Non Cigar Related

Passover

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
sorry i have not been on much. this passover was very busy for me this year. i hosted and cooked two seders this year so much of my time has been in the kitchen. i hope to be back on soon. i miss you guys!

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Happy passover, or merry passover.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our church has done a Seder dinner for the past few years and it is a really beautiful event. It shows just how close the roots of our religions actually are. The rich traditions and the meanings of the various courses is especially interesting and moving.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I went to Seder dinner on Monday. Three 4 year olds running around like crazy and a newborn baby. got through the entire thing. The meal was excellent if you could stand the kids running around! Not my house so the master of thehouse let his kid run around. At that point it was nearly impossible to keep my two sitting.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My brother and dad are Netzari (sp?) Anywhoot my brother sends me a text "Shalom Pesat" or something like that. I responded with "Meka leka hi Meka hinny ho" Wonder if he is mad at me?
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Probably. Have you ever said, merry xmas or happy easter to him? same thing.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    This is a serious time of reflection for me as well
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Chag kasher ve'same`ach.

You guys should visit a Greek Orthodox Easter service sometime. It'll give you goosebumps. Easter is the central high holiday in Orthodox theology -- like Christmas is for Catholics and Protestants. It's a very big deal.

Normally, it's a week or more later than it is for Catholics and Protestants, so it's easy to attend a service without missing your own. This year it happens to fall on the same date, though.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I need to google this but how in the F do you get a big bunny hiding eggs.....from the ressurection of christ....not makin the connection
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Jetmech_63:
    I need to google this but how in the F do you get a big bunny hiding eggs.....from the ressurection of christ....not makin the connection
    heh, good question. My wife and I were listening to the radio - a local night club is having a "Sexy Bunny Costume" contest tonight. Someone's going straight to hell for that one!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Jetmech_63:
    I ask myself that often, and I've never tried to find an answer. According to Wiki, it has to do with "the rebirth of the Earth". Eggs were a symbol of this in those times, and rabbits are known for their fertility during the spring. It's more or less pagan rituals mixed in with a Christian holiday, oddly enough.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Kinda figured some pagan stuff was mixed in. One of my bible thumping friends let his little girl dress up as the virgin mary for haloween. I laughed my ass off, but didnt bother explaining the irony.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Jetmech_63:
    Kinda figured some pagan stuff was mixed in. One of my bible thumping friends let his little girl dress up as the virgin mary for haloween. I laughed my ass off, but didnt bother explaining the irony.
    Halloween just frustrates me. People think I'm a crazy person when I rant about it.
  • 24footjet24footjet Posts: 132
    Just like Christmas.... if it's all about Santa it takes the focus off the real reason you celebrate the Holiday...the birth of Jesus. With Easter you have the rabbit...to take the focus off of Christ's resurrection.