Home General Discussion
Options

Looking for a travel case.

Looking for a travel case to keep a couple of cigars for travel and going to my local lounge. I found a leather one that is made my Firedog that looks pretty good on amazon. Anyone have any experience with these or recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shane1 said:
    Looking for a travel case to keep a couple of cigars for travel and going to my local lounge. I found a leather one that is made my Firedog that looks pretty good on amazon. Anyone have any experience with these or recommendations?

A leather one? Are you wanting something functional that works or something as a fashion statement? When you say travel case do you mean for the day or something for several days or longer?

• Options
    Shane1Shane1 Posts: 4

@Rdp77 said:

@Shane1 said:

A leather one? Are you wanting something functional that works or something as a fashion statement? When you say travel case do you mean for the day or something for several days or longer?

Functional. I read a lot of recommendations for Peter James leather cases but I cannot afford to spend that much. Just looking for short trips 1 day to 1 week. I am open to anything under $100.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boveda pack sold separately

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9

The Herf-a-Dor products are rugged and work well to keep your cigars safe, Tupperware works well too. When I travel I usually use a combination and with two different sizes of Tupperware-like containers they nest within each other to save space when empty.

For a day trip you could get away with storing a cigar in a tubo or wood cigar coffin unless you're going to Burning Man or some other harsh environment where you'd have to worry about temperature and humidity.

I took some cigars to Burning Man circa 1989 and the wrappers cracked with an audible snap IIRC and unwound as soon as I took the cigars out of my Tupperdor.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a Herf-a-dor15 for longer trips but for a trip to town I have a couple leather ones I keep in the cooler so the humidity is right for a short trip.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Shane1Shane1 Posts: 4

All great options, thank you.

• Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I took some cigars to Burning Man circa 1989 >

Chris, that statement explains a lot I’m starting to see the big picture now 🤪🤪

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

When traveling I use these. They have four different sizes this way not only can you pack your cigars but you can pack your weapon system too.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one of those ↑

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you look around you can find those larger Xikar type cases for around $50 that they say retail for $100+. I got one to take on cruises or vacations and it works well.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a herd -a-dor 40 at a decent price, that did a great job of maintaining my cigars on a 3+ week vacation.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got this one for 25 bucks somewhere. Advertised to hold 15. If you take out the foam sale inserts, you can get 20 to 25 in there easy.

I normally keep it outside to hold lighters and cigar bands and pokers and all sorts of junk. Recently took it out of time with me. It's a plastic box. It holds humidity just fine.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

Harbor Freight Apache waterproof boxes