Home Non Cigar Related
Options

The useless information thread

Comments

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    I microwaved a banana on high for 15 seconds....
    because I left it in my vehicle overnight....
    because I took two with me yesterday....
    because I only ate one...
    because I wanted it to be much warmer than near freezing...
    because that one was the oldest one and needed to be eaten sooner that the fresher ones on the counter.....

Oh yeah! The stem heated to 120* Fahrenheit. Just the stem. Yeah, I measured it. And it was probably much hotter than that before I got around to measuring it.
    The rest of it was still pretty cold. I didn't measure that.

This is possibly the most fitting post for the intent of a thread, EVER in the history of internet forums! Congratulations!

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:

@Bob_Luken said:
    I microwaved a banana on high for 15 seconds....
    because I left it in my vehicle overnight....
    because I took two with me yesterday....
    because I only ate one...
    because I wanted it to be much warmer than near freezing...
    because that one was the oldest one and needed to be eaten sooner that the fresher ones on the counter.....

Oh yeah! The stem heated to 120* Fahrenheit. Just the stem. Yeah, I measured it. And it was probably much hotter than that before I got around to measuring it.
    The rest of it was still pretty cold. I didn't measure that.

This is possibly the most fitting post for the intent of a thread, EVER in the history of internet forums! Congratulations!

I cannot blame you for being insulted. I apologize.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Bananas don't last long around here, but this seems like a good idea.

This seems like a great idea.
    Unfortunately, in my retail experience, I would have to visit a different grocery store to find riper bananas or less ripened bananas. wal-mart, kroger, publix, do not have much variation at all.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2

The first written recipe for apple pie is from England

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    As long as it didn't hurt too bad.

Couldn't sit for 3 hours

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 4

South American Screaming Piha, 116 dB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screaming_piha.

But this one holds the record:

the White Bellbird has the loudest bird call ever documented, according to a paper published today in the journal Current Biology. Its short, booming, two-part call is three times the sound pressure level—a measure of sound intensity—of the Screaming Piha’s call, the previous record-holder.

https://www.audubon.org/news/listen-loudest-bird-ever-recorded

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

You oldfarts don't get stressed anymore.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

bad for blood pressure

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@MrShrek said:
    The only reason California didn’t make the list and Tennessee did is because all of the Californians moved here!

insightful

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Vision said:

@MrShrek said:
    The only reason California didn’t make the list and Tennessee did is because all of the Californians moved here!

We know this is not fact. Do you know how hard it would be to move both your sister and first cousin all the way from California?

But only one wife.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Researchers tracking more than half a million falling snowflakes have uncovered a mathematical correlation between a snowflake's average acceleration (how much it swirls) and its Stokes number (how much it responds to changes in air turbulence).

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭✭✭

The original idea for daylight savings time was to save whale oil.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.