Home General Discussion

Maps of Cigar Lounges Worldwide

drewthornleydrewthornley Posts: 21
edited July 6 in General Discussion

I created a website that has a map of USA cigar lounges and another map of lounges outside the USA. The USA map currently has 2,052 lounges pinned, and the non-USA map currently has 649. I hope someone finds the site useful.

https://cigarloungelocator.com/

Post edited by TheCigarChick on

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good idea, welcome to the forum.

The top links don't work for me on DuckDuckGo on Android, but the bottom ones do. The map is hard to navigate on mobile and I'm having trouble bringing up the shop descriptions from the pins.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • drewthornleydrewthornley Posts: 21

Thanks for letting me know. I don't know why the green buttons aren't working. They were. I will try to figure it out and fix it. Thanks, again.

I think I fixed it. If it still does not work, please let me know.

Hi Drew,

It's working now and even prompts that I can open the map in Google Maps which is handy. Thanks. I may be using this in a couple of weeks.

Great! Happy to hear it. Thanks for your patience.

• HawksHawks Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

@drewthornley nice! Great hookup, thanks 👍

Nolite Oblivisci Peniculus Dentes

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks nice @drewthornley , thanks!

Who gave the flag?

@TRayB said:
    Looks nice @drewthornley , thanks!

Who gave the flag?

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vegas looks pretty good, although Quincy's is a ****. Where did you get the data? I'm sure you didn't hand-jam it.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

It was!

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found a new lounge in my hometown and also my current city. Curious that I remember I saw this thread several days ago when you first posted. By the time I had checked out your map I came back to find the post missing. I suppose the admins had you under investigation. Welcome back.
    P.S. You might want to change your profile to public so we can see it.

Yeah, it was up and then went away. I emailed asking what happened. Never heard back. I'm new to this, so I don't know what the problem was.

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @drewthornley to the forum.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

Thank you!

If there's enough flags on a post, it is removed, but your post shouldn't have been flagged, it's helpful, not spam.

I'm still waiting for someone to post a "get used to disappointment" meme. C'mon guys.

• lenny1lenny1 Posts: 3

Thank You so much!
    I can't travel as much as I used to and this is very helpful, Drew.
    this should be made a sticky!
    only 3 in all of Canuckistan..so sad

@TheCigarChick can we make this topic a Sticky?

Thanks.

I'm so glad you like it!

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster
    Chris? I know we all talked about being nice to newbies, but we also talked about how stickies sucked. Remind me please, how to un-stick the stickies.

@Bob_Luken said:
    @Yakster
    Chris? I know we all talked about being nice to newbies, but we also talked about how stickies sucked. Remind me please, how to un-stick the stickies.

Instructions here:

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/comment/1288176/#Comment_1288176

• TheCigarChickTheCigarChick Moderator Posts: 320 admin

@Yakster I think I did it, but please let me know if it's not working.

Thanks, you did it.

For those that want to lose the sticky, click on the gear in the thread listing and click dismiss. You won't see it stickied at the top of new discussions again.

@drewthornley , so, the problem is, now whenever I goto Google maps, all the pins are showing, even if i don't use your link.

edited July 6

@TRayB said:
    @drewthornley , so, the problem is, now whenever I goto Google maps, all the pins are showing, even if i don't use your link.

There should be a way to toggle that map off. Are you on mobile or desktop? This article shows you how to delete maps, even temporarily, using Google Drive.

https://support.google.com/mymaps/answer/6138031?hl=en&ref_topic=3024969&sjid=16160769854073994916-NC#zippy=,viewing-my-maps-on-mobile-devices

edited July 6

Mobile. I'll check. out your link when I'm on my laptop.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:

That's a feature, not a bug.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.