Home General Discussion

Premium Cigars

MakoMako Posts: 3

Hey everyone. I’m a complete newbie and do not plan to smoke very often but maybe once a week, month or couple months. My dad use to smoke Cubans but hasn’t smoked much the last few years. Since I won’t be smoking very often and don’t need a huge collection I’d like to buy a few very high end premium cigars.

The few I was looking at are

Montecristo No2 but realized they are Cuban so I can’t buy them.

Padron 1926

Padron 1964

My budget is under $50 a stick but could go up to $100 if needed. In a perfect world I’d grab 2-4 of a few and have anywhere from 4-10 cigars.

These will be mostly taken on vacation and smoked with good friends or occasionally by myself. We enjoy fishing and one of the captains enjoys Montecristo No 2 so we’d like to bring something to enjoy with him that’s the only reason I even looked up those.

Anyways I appreciate any and all feedback.

Comments

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok I’ll bite.

I wish I could, unequivocally, say spending more money equals better flavor and experience. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work like that. For a newer palette, I would be surprised if you could tell $100 stick from a $15 stick IMHO. If money is a non issue, knock yourself out and enjoy the experience of spending the money to acquire and smoke a “luxury” cigar. If taste and enjoyment during the smoking experience is a higher premium, I would visit your local brick and mortar shop and taste a variety of cigars. Once you find “the one”, buy a box and enjoy at your leisure.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• MakoMako Posts: 3

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:
    Ok I’ll bite.

I wish I could, unequivocally, say spending more money equals better flavor and experience. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work like that. For a newer palette, I would be surprised if you could tell $100 stick from a $15 stick IMHO. If money is a non issue, knock yourself out and enjoy the experience of spending the money to acquire and smoke a “luxury” cigar. If taste and enjoyment during the smoking experience is a higher premium, I would visit your local brick and mortar shop and taste a variety of cigars. Once you find “the one”, buy a box and enjoy at your leisure.

I appreciate your honest response. By no means do I want to waste money. I only put a budget there because I’m heavily involved in other hobbies/forums and when someone needs a recommendation it’s hard to point them in the right direction without knowing their budget.

My pallet probably wont know the difference but the folks I share them with very well may.

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mako said:

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:
    Ok I’ll bite.

I appreciate your honest response. By no means do I want to waste money. I only put a budget there because I’m heavily involved in other hobbies/forums and when someone needs a recommendation it’s hard to point them in the right direction without knowing their budget.

My pallet probably wont know the difference but the folks I share them with very well may.

Understood. That being said, I second what @Rdp77 said above. I would add Arturo Fuente Opus X, El Séptimo and limited editions of well known brands.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6

This is the correct storage answer:

https://a.co/d/gDDFt6m

And get a 65 or 69% boveda pack. Done.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • MakoMako Posts: 3

Thank you

• Padron 80th panatella, Liga Privada 10th Toro, any Ernest Carrillo, LFD Andalusian Bull, Opus X, My Father's any, LA Aurora Preferido CT, Romeo & Julieta 135th Nic, Perdomo 30th.

Gives you a wide assortment from light to full bodied. The Bull, Opus and 30th Perdomo are crazy hard to find. The others are available at any decent smoke shop. Pricing between $12 and $30.