Home General Discussion

What’s this Fuente worth?

Hey all!

I’m just curious what this beautiful cigar is worth in 2024? I recently acquired it through a friend and I am interested what collectors think about it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

happy smoking,
Bearded

Comments

• BeardedDGBeardedDG Posts: 11

@Vision said:
    A single Big B can be had for around $80. In that dress box I'm unsure but for most that box adds no value. You asked about its worth. I would say it's worth smoking. Worth is subjective. I think I speak for some, if not most of us when I say that it would be left on a shelf if it was priced at $30-$40. Keep it forever as a collectible or enjoy it as intended by smoking it while it still has flavor.

Are you referring to the most current Big B’s that are being sold? Which I agree can go for $80. This is a 2013 limited edition Big B, would that make a difference? Still deciding whether to smoke it or not lol

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you know how you would sell it?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,861 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some “collectors” care and will pay a premium for age. You are in the wrong place for that. OLH, if you know you know if you don’t I wish you luck on getting what you think you can for it.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

@peter4jc said:
    Do you know how you would sell it?

I’m not sure yet

• VisionVision Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BeardedDG said:

@Vision said:
    A single Big B can be had for around $80. In that dress box I'm unsure but for most that box adds no value. You asked about its worth. I would say it's worth smoking. Worth is subjective. I think I speak for some, if not most of us when I say that it would be left on a shelf if it was priced at $30-$40. Keep it forever as a collectible or enjoy it as intended by smoking it while it still has flavor.

Are you referring to the most current Big B’s that are being sold? Which I agree can go for $80. This is a 2013 limited edition Big B, would that make a difference? Still deciding whether to smoke it or not lol

If that cigar is still being offered today..... that box is limited.... the cigar is not.

• VisionVision Posts: 8,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    Some “collectors” care and will pay a premium for age. You are in the wrong place for that. OLH, if you know you know if you don’t I wish you luck on getting what you think you can for it.

Just a question Patty.... How has it been stored?

edited August 4

That’s a question for someone who cares to ask. I am not that person, opus is not on my radar. Also as stated OLH is where to go to get the most out of it.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.

@Patrickbrick said:

Where does one find the collectors who are interested? Do people auction off cigars? I guess I’m really just trying to assess what I have.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4

@BeardedDG said:

@Patrickbrick said:

Where does one find the collectors who are interested? Do people auction off cigars? I guess I’m really just trying to assess what I have.

@Patrickbrick mentioned OLH. That is an acronym for a website I am not familiar with. @Rdp77 can you help?

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BeardedDG said:

@Rdp77 said:
    Strike 1: Fuente
    Strike 2: being stored in that box
    Strike 3: it’s a Fuente

What did Fuente do to you? This sounds personal lol

Not sure you want me to go into it. I tend to hurt feelings.

You can’t hurt my feelings Rusty, I haven’t had those for years.

MOW badge received.

@Rdp77 said:

@BeardedDG said:

@Rdp77 said:
    Strike 1: Fuente
    Strike 2: being stored in that box
    Strike 3: it’s a Fuente

What did Fuente do to you? This sounds personal lol

Not sure you want me to go into it. I tend to hurt feelings.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, what’s your take on Fuentes?

@Bob_Luken said:

@BeardedDG said:

@Patrickbrick said:

@Patrickbrick mentioned OLH. That is an acronym for a website I am not familiar with. @Rdp77 can you help?

“If you have to ask, you can’t afford it!”

MOW badge received.

@peter4jc said:
    I wish people would understand the cigar world better.

I also wish that people would just say, "Hey. I have this cigar. I'd like to sell it. I don't know what it's worth. Make me an offer." They should, of course, add the condition of the cigar and how it's been stored.

Most people post asking what it's worth as a veiled way of saying, "I want to sell this but I don't want to sell it for less than it's actually worth, so tell me what it's worth so I know how much to ask for it."

Just smoke it, and be done with it.

Never once mentioned I was going to sell it! I’m just more curious of what I got myself into when I got it from a friend. Nothing veiled about it seems like a great collectors item!

@Rdp77 said:
    Ok, that was the short version.
    There are people out there that truly enjoy the flavors of a musty basement and for those people fuente is a great thing. But the vast majority of people buy them solely on hype. They’re probably the most overly hyped brand on the market and they artificially create circumstances to create rarity and raise prices.

I can agree with this, the hype being limited edition items you can only get during certain times of the year! Would Fuentes be like the Ford of cigars? Anyways it’s cool to have as a collectors item I’ll just stick with my tabernacles.