Home General Discussion
Options

Teak & Ancient Kauri Humidor

Teak & Ancient Kauri Humidor Ancient Kauri is at least 50,000 years old. Preserved in peat bogs in New Zealand. 12.5" x 12.5" x 8.5" 190 Count Thanks for looking... imageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    a few questions here...
    if someone were to try and get a humidor from you, how long is the waiting list?
    how do you set prices?
    is there a size limit to how big you will go?
  • Options
    WaxingMoonWaxingMoon Posts: 328
    The waiting list varies... right now, I'm probably about a week and a half from starting a new one.... My pricing is is pretty much based on a base model with no frills and regular domestic wood... I have it all outlined on my website....and have a quote page on there that I work with... pricing will typically depend on what options are selected and type of wood.... Size limit.... well, I just did one that is 32x13x10... and that was pretty big... I don't think you'd want to go much bigger with a desk top.... but.... anything is possible.... Thanks for asking! Ed
  • Options
    Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Solid one Ed! I like the square box look. That Kauri is beautiful.
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Sweet humi WM ..................... keep up with the pics ........ i love them all
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    That has to be the most gorgeous Humidor I have ever seen.
  • Options
    Here's a close up of the lid.... and it's shimmering effect known as Chatoyance... image
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    another beautiful humidor. one day you will be commisioned for mine. truly nice work. I actually have a decent woodworking knowledge from my car audio days (mostly medite and melamine) and I understand the skill it takes to do what you do.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    I will be asking you to make mine this year. This is my favorite yet. I am a huge fan of the look of Teak. As soon as this tax return gets here, I'll be placing my order. I've seen your site, and your work is great. Just place the order on the site? or PM you here?
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Fantastic work once again. I'm still debating about that one we were talking about and if I would have the $$$ for it and shipping.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    awsome !
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Looking at the picture of the lid makes me drool...
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:

+1
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    TatuajeVI:

+1
    +2
  • Options
    If anyone is sitting on the proverbial fence about ordering from waxing, I will tell you he is a joy to work with. I will definitely be doing more business with him in the future. I am only sad that my wife will be able to see this work of art months before I will.
  • Options
    jbarker_18:
    If anyone is sitting on the proverbial fence about ordering from waxing, I will tell you he is a joy to work with. I will definitely be doing more business with him in the future. I am only sad that my wife will be able to see this work of art months before I will.
    You've been great to work with as well.... This really is a sweet humidor, I don't mind saying myself... something about the wood in this one.... It was fun to work with, for sure....
  • Options
    Wow Amazing keep up the great work! One day i can only dream....
  • Options
    mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Do you have the capability to construct a humidor out of spalted maple? I've always had a soft (or hard..) spot for that wood.
  • Options
    Yes... spalted wood is difficult to work, but you can treat it prior to cutting to maintain it's integrity.... Just a little more work involved is all...
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Can you work with Heart Pine?
  • Options
    Sure!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Come on guys, you have all seen his work. If it is wood, he can do it. I dream of having enough cash to commision one of these boxes.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    another grat humi, congrats!