Home Ratings & Reviews

Man O war Virtue

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I tried a Virtue a couple days ago, the mini salamon. I'm not making my final opinion based on this one cigar as it was pretty much OTT, but basically I wasn't wowed by it. Sure it was enjoyable, had nice flavors and excellent construction, but it didn't offer anything I haven't seen before. The other MoW offerings did best with at least 2-3 months of rest, so it wouldn't wholly surprise me to find that to be the case with the Virtue as well. I'll be revisiting this cigar in 4-6 weeks to see where it's at then.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Alex Williams:
    pnaylon:
    I might need to have a warrior day: smoke a virtue early, a regular at lunch, and a ruination after dinner!

i am going to do this. except i think i will have to wait a bit for a day i can do it.... or i will smoke a virtue when i get home at 5.30, a MoW at about eight or nine, and a ruination at like 1 or 2.... Its a plan!!!!
    Heh, thanks to alex, I have a Virtue, and I already have at least one of the other MoWs. It would be awesome to have a "Warrior day"
  • Should have mine in about a day or so, looking forward to trying these.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I was super excited to try these, after reading all the reviews, I dunno. I'm sure I will still give one a shot down the road and see.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    My $.02
    The Virtue was an excellent cigar with a Conny wrapper. Considering I don't like conny wrappers, I felt it was a success. I will get a few more because I intend to get my special forces badge (Virtue, MOW, Ruination/same day) at my earliest opportunity. I will burn them in that order. I love training excercises!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Just tried the MOW Virtue (petite salomon) fresh off the truck (took it out of the mailbox, put in humi for half an hour, then lit it up). No idea what I was tasting (my palate is very undeveloped), but it gave out tons of white smoke, very flavorful, and a good burn; the draw was a tad on the loose side.

The petite solomon lasted me about an hour or so (bear in mind it was windy and I was taking a puff every 20 seconds or so to keep it lit). It was pretty smooth and the finish lasted about 5 seconds (long IMO). All in all, I liked it quite a bit, and I can't wait to see what some age does to these.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    fla-gypsy:
    My $.02
    The Virtue was an excellent cigar with a Conny wrapper. Considering I don't like conny wrappers, I felt it was a success. I will get a few more because I intend to get my special forces badge (Virtue, MOW, Ruination/same day) at my earliest opportunity. I will burn them in that order. I love training excercises!
    lol, special forces badge. we need to pick a day that a bunch of us should do this together (well, together in spirit). We need to come up with acronyms for SERE and SOCOM that have something to do with cigars and AJ Fernandez, lol.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    fla-gypsy:
    I intend to get my special forces badge (Virtue, MOW, Ruination/same day) at my earliest opportunity. I will burn them in that order.
    doing that next weekend in Montana!! I'm thinkin next saturday will be the day!
  • Love Montana. Wife is from there where ya going? Ahh Montana where men are men and the sheep are scared!
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    TatuajeVI:
    fla-gypsy:
    My $.02
    lol, special forces badge. we need to pick a day that a bunch of us should do this together (well, together in spirit). We need to come up with acronyms for SERE and SOCOM that have something to do with cigars and AJ Fernandez, lol.
    I like this Idea. I should grab some of the Virtue soon.
    jhunter127:
    Love Montana. Wife is from there where ya going? Ahh Montana where men are men and the sheep are scared!
    haha i am going to bozeman. leaving next thursday and back next sunday.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    jhunter127:
    Love Montana. Wife is from there where ya going? Ahh Montana where men are men and the sheep are scared!
    Hope you have a good trip Sir!
    Hayblet:
    Alex Williams:
    jhunter127:
    thank you! and you sure as hell dont have to say sir to me as i am younger than you are gramps :D
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    Hayblet:
    Alex Williams:
    jhunter127:
    thank you! and you sure as hell dont have to say sir to me as i am younger than you are gramps :D
    Alex, your profile says you are 70 years old... It looks like you are the gramps, old man :-)
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    Hayblet:
    Alex Williams:
    jhunter127:
    According to your bio it say's you're 70....
    I was going to hold off for a few weeks, but today I heard a muffled voice calling me from the humidor, when I opened the lid I found it was a Virtue toro calling to me. This one gave an all around better experience than the salamon did, flavors were richer and more rounded. I said before I wasn't basing my final opinion on the first stick, but based on this one I think I'm going to like the Virtue quite a bit....Now I'll wait a few weeks and let them settle in and acclimate nicely. Can't wait.
    Hayblet:
    Alex Williams:
    Hayblet:
    Alex Williams:
    jhunter127:
    According to your bio it say's you're 70....
    haha a couple months ago i was 100. last month i was 80. i am benjamin button!!! forreal though i am 21!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    haha a couple months ago i was 100. last month i was 80. i am benjamin button!!! forreal though i am 21!
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I knew it...you've been trying all along to hide your age and appearance... FAIL! ;-)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    fla-gypsy:
    My $.02
    How about MOWCOM?
    Just had a Virtue - anyone else think the draw on these is rather loose?
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    xmacro:
    I noticed it too. Loose, but not to the point it was annoying. Every 5 Vegas Gold I've had was so loose it was lke sucking air. This one was loose, but not that bad yet.
    xmacro:
    Mine started loose on the pre-light draw, but once I lit the cigar the draw tightened up some. No complaints on the draw from me.
    I've had two so far, the petite salomon and a robusto; the petite salomon was loose, but not too loose (if that makes any sense). The robusto was like sucking air - it was just really loose for me (still a razor-sharp burn though).

EDIT - just smoked another one; draw was plenty tight. Guess it was just those particular sticks

• bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    Smoking the Virtue right now and its delicious. Feels kinda weird smoking a Man O War and not getting the full ody and spicyness, but i love it. definitely gets the official Man O War delicious seal of approval! Sparta Seal of Approval Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I had my first one tonight. It was the robusto, and had a loose but acceptable draw. I found it to be a bit surprising but very tasty. The burn was razor sharp and the smoke output was great. I'm really looking forward to trying the other sizes!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I wasn't impressed by the one I had last night. It did put out a lot of smoke -- something I value highly -- but there just didn't seem to be much to it.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    was it plugged?
    No, the construction was fine. It just didn't have much flavor.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    did you like the other MOW? I'm curious now. I wasn't too impressed with the MOW but enjoy the ruination. I'm on the fence with this new one...
    I haven't tried them yet.