Home Ratings & Reviews

New brands

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
So i was at the b&m last night for the CAO event which turned out to be my worst b&m experience ever(but thats another thread) and realized how much new stuff has come out....lemme bounce these off everyone.....

Gurkha Asassain, Gurkha Evil, Gurkha....something else: We all know Gurkha is the Rolls Royce of Marketing but anyone heard of these

Vengance: Looks strangely close to a Vigilante, very dark

Rocky Patel AA Connoiseiur: Again know nothing about it

Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo, Cabinetta: I'm already a massive fan of the Antano, the Dark Corojo is just that, really dark maduro and the Cabinetta looks like it's got a double wraper on it, likle habano-color over maduro.

Carlos Torano Exodus 30yr Anniversary: Loks just like a CT Gold label but wih a second band that says 30th Anniversary

CAO MX3: You gotta go to a CAO event to get these, its an all maduro cigar thats been aged for 5 years. Ozenger said they are too rare and limited to go mainstream with so he travels around with them. The B&m had like 5 boxes of them.

Thats what stuck out in my head, i'm sure there are more but i just wanted to leave....again, another thread...

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    WHAT HAPPENED?? I'm sure there is a B&M horror story thread on here somewhere.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Drapers in DC sells the MX3...

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    sightunseen:
    WHAT HAPPENED?? I'm sure there is a B&M horror story thread on here somewhere.
    yea I wanna know too! there should be a b&m horror story thread here!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I'm not familiar with any of those, Jet.

CAO is one of those brands that, for whatever reason, just doesn't work for me; I can't remember ever having one I liked. Torano is another. So I don't keep up with their new releases at all.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Jetmech_63:
    So i was at the b&m last night for the CAO event which turned out to be my worst b&m experience ever(but thats another thread) and realized how much new stuff has come out....lemme bounce these off everyone.....

Gurkha Asassain, Gurkha Evil, Gurkha....something else: We all know Gurkha is the Rolls Royce of Marketing but anyone heard of these

Vengance: Looks strangely close to a Vigilante, very dark

Rocky Patel AA Connoiseiur: Again know nothing about it

Joya de Nicaragua Dark Corojo, Cabinetta: I'm already a massive fan of the Antano, the Dark Corojo is just that, really dark maduro and the Cabinetta looks like it's got a double wraper on it, likle habano-color over maduro.

Carlos Torano Exodus 30yr Anniversary: Loks just like a CT Gold label but wih a second band that says 30th Anniversary

CAO MX3: You gotta go to a CAO event to get these, its an all maduro cigar thats been aged for 5 years. Ozenger said they are too rare and limited to go mainstream with so he travels around with them. The B&m had like 5 boxes of them.

Thats what stuck out in my head, i'm sure there are more but i just wanted to leave....again, another thread...
    I wanna say Alien can tell you about the Vengeance. I think he was the one discussing it with me one time. Maybe it's a Xikar blend? Could be off my rocker though.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Vengeance is a brand from Exclusive Cigars, makers of Kristoff. It is medium bodied overall and comprised of Dominican long fillers and Nicaraguan long fillers. The ligero maduro has a Honduran binder and a Brazilian maduro wrapper, the other one has a Dominican binder and Brazilian maduro wrapper. I can't remember which one I smoked, but I think it was the Vengeance Series 98. If you like a full flavored, smooth cigar I'd recommend trying it out, Exclusive Cigars have very good construction and are pretty dependable from one to the next.

The Dark Corojo is freaking delicious, nuff said. If you like the Antaño, you'll like the Dark Corojo.

I've wanted to try the JdN Cabinetta as well. The story, as I heard it, about the double wrapper is that the main wrapper can tend to taste bitter on the lips, so they added another wrapper to the top quarter of the cigar that doesn't taste bitter.

About the Toraño...Are you talking about the Exodus 50 Years by chance? It's another excellent cigar. Medium-full bodied with loads of thick, chewy flavors. I've been quite impressed with it.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Maybe it was the 50....cant exactly remember. That makes sense what urbs was saying about not liking CAO or Torano, i didnt know until last night that they are both rolled at CAO. I might go to a diffrent b&m looking for the dark corojo and cabinetta, or just go to shop around and see what the hell has come out in the last year. Doubt i'll ever go there again...I'll post the story tonight.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Actually Vinny, if my memory is serving me correctly, it's Torano that makes some CAO cigars, I could be mistaken though. Honestly though, I don't see many parallels between the two, for the most part I like Torano whereas CAO has about 2 blends I like and 2 more I think are ok. Of course it all varies, but I think it has less to do with who makes the cigars and more to do with who blends them.
  • The Assasin and Evil are the only two Gurkha blends leaving me wanting to get some more. I think they are very similiar in profile one had a bit more kick but cant remember which was which.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Jetmech_63:
    Maybe it was the 50....cant exactly remember. That makes sense what urbs was saying about not liking CAO or Torano, i didnt know until last night that they are both rolled at CAO.
    I wasn't aware of the connection, either, Jet. Interesting.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I didn't like the gurkha's too much. The mx3 isn't too bad, but I like the camacho 3x maduro more.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Jetmech_63:
    Maybe it was the 50....cant exactly remember. That makes sense what urbs was saying about not liking CAO or Torano, i didnt know until last night that they are both rolled at CAO.
    I wasn't aware of the connection, either, Jet. Interesting.
    CONSPIRACY!!!!!!