Home General Discussion

Deployed Soldier

Hi,
I like many others on here are serving in the military. I am currently on my 4th deployment, this one is in Afghanistan. I am looking foward to talking and reading about cigars that you all smoke and love so much.

I was wondering if any one out there knows how to get me and my guys here signed up to receive cigar donations. I know there are groups out there that supports this and all but I just don't know how to start receiving them. If any of you have any ideas or know where I can go to sign up that would be great.
Also if anyone of you would be willing to donate to soldiers serving out here would you please let me know.

suspence_00@yahoo.com

Thanks for all your support.

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and thank you for serving. If you call or have someone call Jeff at ccom, he will get the info and send cigars to you through a program he sponsors. He did that with my son in the 82nd Airborne. All he asks is that you forward him a picture of your unit patch so he can post those units he sent cigars to.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    YankeeMan:
    Welcome and thank you for serving. If you call or have someone call Jeff at ccom, he will get the info and send cigars to you through a program he sponsors. He did that with my son in the 82nd Airborne. All he asks is that you forward him a picture of your unit patch so he can post those units he sent cigars to.
    Yep - jeff is the guy to talk to. You can also email him if phones are tough to get to: JJackson @ cigar.com

Thank you for serving our country. There are quite a few of us who have served overseas and will do our best to help you out with anything you need.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    YankeeMan:
    Yep - jeff is the guy to talk to. You can also email him if phones are tough to get to: JJackson @ cigar.com

Thank you for serving our country. There are quite a few of us who have served overseas and will do our best to help you out with anything you need.
    I recently returned from Afghanistan myself, and I talked to Jeff about as much as I talked to my family...

Jeff is a really great guy and he will hook you up with whatever you need. Make sure that you let him know you are on the forums as well, if you decide to stick around, we would love to have you here.

Thanks for your service, brother! Stay safe.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    It's F'd up that people are being sent 3, 4, 5, 6 F-ING times in deployment!!!!! The way this fracking conflict is being run makes me sick. I have a dear friend from my old unit who has spent the last 10 years going back and forth. He's seen his wife what, a few or so years out of this entire time. He's always being sent back or in training. It's really been tearing him down. anyway be safe man.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the site brother! Thanks for doing what you do. It's a rough life. Like mentioned before there's quite a few of us, even though I'm new, that have been in your shoes and are here for you if you need anything. Stay safe and God Bless
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    suspence00:
    Hi, I like many others on here are serving in the military. I am currently on my 4th deployment, this one is in Afghanistan. I am looking foward to talking and reading about cigars that you all smoke and love so much. I was wondering if any one out there knows how to get me and my guys here signed up to receive cigar donations. I know there are groups out there that supports this and all but I just don't know how to start receiving them. If any of you have any ideas or know where I can go to sign up that would be great. Also if anyone of you would be willing to donate to soldiers serving out here would you please let me know. suspence_00@yahoo.com Thanks for all your support.
    Besides talking to cigar.com here, I know my local brick & mortar shop LOVES to support deployed troops. Check out the pics at the link below...

http://www.outlawcigar.com/sitesections/community/photos/Photos.aspx?AlbumID=10

When you're done checking out the pics, mouse over the word "Outlaw" on the banner near the top of the page, and select "Contact us" from the drop down menu. Let em know where you guys are and how many of you there are, and they will most likely hook you up big time!

Thanks for all you do! Come home safe and SOON!