Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Triad Natural and Platinum

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
Saw this at my local B&M last week. They were $50 for a natural and $100 for the platinum. WOW! Anyone ever had this?

Color: Maduro Size: 7" x 52
The Gurkha Triad Platinum is a medium body Maduro. The finest celebration cigar available.

Color: Natural Size: 7" x 52 The Gurkha Triad Natural is a very smooth, creamy cigar. A fine celebration cigar.

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    My experience with Gurkhas is that if they are over $10/stick, they are seldom worth the money. Just my opinion.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Or, another way to look at it, you buy a really nice box with some totally mediocre smokes in it.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Wow your B&M has some high prices....
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Wow your B&M has some high prices....
    I havnt compared them that much. But they actually has some prices that were cheaper than ccom, but like 10 cents. I was a bit surprised, but then again, I'm very very new to cigars.

Thanks for the heads up though.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    My experience with Gurkhas is that if they are over $10/stick, they are seldom worth the money. Just my opinion.
    I've heard comments similar to that alot about Gurkhas.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Or, another way to look at it, you buy a really nice box with some totally mediocre smokes in it.
    lol, yeah your probably right though I love my red dragons!!!!! I enjoyed the regular one but the plat was tastier. Yes I paid 135 for both and yes I know I'm crazy but I had to try it. The plat is different that's for sure and if I had the bones I'd pay for a box. They're good cigars but worth 100 bucks? probably not but they are very limited. I'd rather smoke one of these than a padron 80th which is another over priced cigar.
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Well, ultimately it comes down to...hansotia is able to make pretty much all his blends at $2 USD a stick wholesale and then it just comes down to the margins. ccom or the sister site daily deal will let you have them from $3 to $4. Internet non-sale $5-10. B&M's from $10 to 30. And then you have hot-shot bars and resturants from 30 to 50. Cigar MSRPs are more of a chuckle than car MSRPs. As for regular B&Ms though, i know they have extra costs and i can respect that, but sometimes they play hardball when its not entirely necessary, marginwise.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    +1

I saw that Triad in my B&M a month or two ago, I believe they were around $60-70 each, didn't notice a regular and a platinum.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I think thats the first time i've heard Gurkha and "finest celebration cigars" in the same sentence.....deeeeeebatable. If i like a line, and it has credibility in my book i wont mind going up in the price range to try their premiums....Fuente....yeah for some of them, Padron....Always!, RP....Always! Pepin...eh...jury is still out on his uber top brands, Gurkha...not happenin.
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Yes, to be fair when someone says "finest celebration cigars," I tend to think of Fuente Opus X, Ashton VSG, Padron 26. And thats not to say there arent other strong options too, but those are the only ones that id limit to the finest celebrations.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I doubt a lot of gurkha cigars are that cheap to make. Maybe but there are some rare tobacco's used in some of them. The platinum in my opinion is better than any of the ones listed just because it is very different. I've only had one and unless I wind million's of dollars I doubt I'll be picking up anymore.