Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

5 Vegas Miami Knuckle

Had this smoke right outta the mail, so I know it will be better with some rest. It had a very minor burn issues which I can only attribute to being unevenly humidified. So in that factor I extend grace.

The appearance and construction of this cigar is hefty with a thick ring gauge. The smooth even wrapper is almost vein-less.
The bands are placed beautifully although they have just a tad too much glue. While removing the foot band a small section of the wrapper tore.

Minor issues aside the taste is where this stick shines.
The first third of this cigar produced a nice cinnamon flavor with a short finish. Entering the second third a smooth black pepper and leather began to develop... from here the cigar remand consistent til the end.
I thought there might have been a slight earthy note but I could be mistaken, it was there one puff gone the next.

All in all this is one cigar that is worth trying at least once. I'll revisit it after a month or so of rest. That should clear up the minor uneven burn.

Comments

• Options
    gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    Excellent review stephen! I have also had one straight out of the mail (CotM sampler a few months ago), and concur with everything you said except the burn issue, which I didnt experience. You totally nailed everything else, and it was nice to have some confirmation... thought I was going nuts when I went "Cinnamon?!?!???". LOL
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Just smoked my first 5V Miami the other night ...... and i had just a little sweet in the first third and then the rest was spicy like a mofo ........ i really enjoyed it as that stick completed my 5V journey which is now going to only be 4 of their blends ...... love the A and AAA and Have been a huge fan of the Cask II since my first one and the Miami ....... the Relic , Limitadas 09 Classic and Gold are not my style and i used to love the golds .... but they just dont taste the same ....... The limitadas 08 is ok and have not had an 07 and i think they had 06 as well but never had that or a Cask I ............... but iam with 4 blends i enjoy from 5V .............. all great smokes
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I had one today in robusto. It's always cool to see reviews exatly like you own experience. Started off with a sweet twinge the developed to spicy and i did get the cinnamoness....i really like these and the are usually a staple in my humi.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Knuckle is my favorite in the Miami line, odd because I don't generally like 60's, but the flavor is so great I can deal with it. Awesome cigar, never had any burn issues myself.