Home General Discussion

Tat Black & Red Tubes

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
Anyone with boxes can you answer this? Why is it that these damn things have such a crappy burn!!!? The tat black I got from a shop burned well. I just cracked open the black tubo box that I got from ccom and the burn was horrible! Well one side kept going out causing a bitterness to the cigar. I've had them in the box for a few months. Anyone had this problem. I've heard that they need to be opened and let rest with the caps off, anyone know if this is the problem?

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I grabbed a box of the Black Tubos but haven't smoked one from it yet. I will in the next few weeks and I'll let you know if I have the same issues.
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I believe Jozer had that problem also. I have just smoked one and the burn was impeccable. As was the smoke. Perhaps that will be the only one out my box. Mine was from CCOM, although I do have a couple from a local B&M. Mine were the black also.

Cap on - cap off. Mine were on
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the guy at the B&M i frequent and i were discussing this.
    apparently it has to do with the filler tobaccos. they were shooting for taste alone.

you have to touch it up? who cares. it tastes great.

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Said it before, I'll say it again, if you guys want someone to unload any unsat tats, lemme know and I'll shoot you my addy......
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Interesting....I just came from air bender shopping, and though i didnt find any the good b&m i go to was having a tat sale so i stayed and smoked a black tubo for 7.00(before my pm box blows up, you have to smoke it in the store to get the discount...), only had to do a minor touch up and the taste....man...get these...if you like tat you'll really dig on this cigar.

Try taking them out of their tubes and letting them rest for a few weeks...that corrects the problem with most ISOM tubos i have...tony, i already had yours out like that for about 4 months :)
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Jetmech_63:
    Interesting....I just came from air bender shopping, and though i didnt find any the good b&m i go to was having a tat sale so i stayed and smoked a black tubo for 7.00(before my pm box blows up, you have to smoke it in the store to get the discount...), only had to do a minor touch up and the taste....man...get these...if you like tat you'll really dig on this cigar.

Try taking them out of their tubes and letting them rest for a few weeks...that corrects the problem with most ISOM tubos i have...tony, i already had yours out like that for about 4 months :)
    $7? wow, that's an awesome sale! Glad you liked it!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I did have burn issues really bad on the first two I smoked. On the third one, it burned kind of ok on its own, a few touch-ups here and there but nothing too bad. I think rest was the answer and I'm looking forward to seeing where they're at in 6 months.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    phobic, you have a pm
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem with the Black's I've had. I actually threw one away after the first third because I was so annoyed.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    alienmisprint:
    Said it before, I'll say it again, if you guys want someone to unload any unsat tats, lemme know and I'll shoot you my addy......
    +1 Same here guys anyone who has some (anything Tat) they don't want let me know I will buy or trade for them.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had burn issues too with both the black and red. My friends did not and they got them from me. I figure that maybe they need to rest outside the tube for a month. We'll see. I'm not ready to smoke another one and I don't have room to move them.
    Sandman1am:
    alienmisprint:
    +1 Same here guys anyone who has some (anything Tat) they don't want let me know I will buy or trade for them.
    Oh, yeah, I definitely would be willing to work out a trade for a few of either of the tubos, I just didn't think anyone would want to part with theirs, lol.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    alienmisprint:
    Sandman1am:
    alienmisprint:
    Oh, yeah, I definitely would be willing to work out a trade for a few of either of the tubos, I just didn't think anyone would want to part with theirs, lol.
    Tony, shoot me a PM.
    PM sent......
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    i still havent tried any of the box i got. im savin em.... for when, i have no clue!
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Same here, Alex. I have a box of each... Just saving them, no idea when I will try one. But hearing the issues referenced here it may have to be soon. Some of the issues mentioned causes me to be a little concerned. I think I will remove one of each from the tubes and let them rest for a couple of weeks and give them a try to see how they smoke.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Alex Williams:
    i still havent tried any of the box i got. im savin em.... for when, i have no clue!
    I know I will be smoking one soon....Tat's wife is about to pop so we gonna have a black 1!!! Wait that didn't come out right, oh well guess someone is gonna be happy and I will smoke to that.