Home General Discussion

The weekend

Anything awesome happen this weekend for you guys? Smoke any good cigars?

I had a rugby game saturday, we played well but we lost in overtime 24-19. Pretty solid party after, someone re-spiked the already spiked punch. Smoked a 5 vegas classic on the field and a 5 vegas A at night. Both were great sticks, I was hoping the "A" would be fuller-bodied, but it was still very tasty. I'll have to break out the AAA next weekend.

Comments

• gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    Good weekend for soccer - got to watch my daughter's team win 10-1. Extra sweet considering her team TOOK butt kickings like that all last fall instead of handing 'em out. GO WOLVES!!!

Not so good weeknd for cigars - had my first Ccom Corojo label and it was a SERIOUS let-down. Tight draw & wispy little smoke... they cant hold a candle to the Purple or Brazilian labels IMHO.

• pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    Man I must have gotten the labels mixed up on mine, I've never heard a good review of the corojo label and I enjoyed it! That was when i first started smoking though so I guess I'll have to give another one a whirl
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    my "Friday" is on Saturday so today was the first day of my weekend. I washed the cars, mowed the lawn, bbq'd tri-tip, made a fire, and enjoyed a Diesel coupled with some Widmer W10 Black Pale Ale. Awesome day.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Hey Dennis I planted and spread endless Mulch BBQ a TRI TIP burned a few sticks some good a couple BAD! went Antiquing with the wife had a BLAST!
  • pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    dennisking:
    my "Friday" is on Saturday so today was the first day of my weekend. I washed the cars, mowed the lawn, bbq'd tri-tip, made a fire, and enjoyed a Diesel coupled with some Widmer W10 Black Pale Ale. Awesome day.
    Hey I know you're a big diesel fan, how much age do you recommend putting on those before smoking?
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Had bronchitis, still went to an Ashton event, paid for it all day at work Sunday when I was the only person who decided to come in. Still haven't moved into the apartment yet, girlfriend is finally over her knee injury though.
    tri-tip roast done right is a phenomenal thing Ozzie, of course I know that I can count on you to know that, given your BBQ background and all. The West coast doesn't do grilling or BBQ like Ohio does though.
    Pnaylon, I recommend at least 2 months rest on the Diesel sticks. It really smooths them out and brings that "big steak" body out of them. The PA Broadleaf wrapper is magical, yeah, I said magical. Doesn't make me gay.
    I have never done a tri tip till i moved here, Im a Hole Hog , and Prime Rib Guy. Although It hasnt taken me long and Im loving the tri tip! Sear it on the grill about 6 minutes a side then cut the heat down or about 300 for 4o minutes turneing every 10 minutes untill internal Temp is 125.... take off Wrap in Heavy duty foil and let rest and continue to cook for about 10 minutes or so........ Melt in your Mouth Medium Rare dripping with juices! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm through a nice stick in their while your grilling and its Party Time!
    That's exactly how I do my, minus the foil. I rub with olive oil, salt, pepper, Nature Seasons (try to find this, it's the "every seasoning"), and thyme. Turns out phenomenal. I also do prime on the grill. I use the rotisserie on the grill and sear and then let rotate for an hour to hour and a half, whenever it gets 125 inside. MMMMMM cow flesh
    heheh Damn Dennis we must be related! ROTFLMAO we got allot in common dude!
    It's because we're badass as hell. Just sayin. We are like brothers from another mother. Except she had you a year or two first.... Smile [:)]
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    pnaylon:
    Man I must have gotten the labels mixed up on mine, I've never heard a good review of the corojo label and I enjoyed it! That was when i first started smoking though so I guess I'll have to give another one a whirl

I like those corojo labels too. I'd put em up with the brazil IMHO. I think they have a couple followers on here...
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    ljl:
    pnaylon:

I like those corojo labels too. I'd put em up with the brazil IMHO. I think they have a couple followers on here...
    +1 for Corojo label, I love'em. I've had the Diesel with as little as 2 weeks and they have all been great. The AAA has definitely gotten better with time though. This weekend I've smoked a Virtue lonsdale and toro (lonsdale FTW), a AAA, and a San Cristobal. All were excellent, it's been a great weekend, just went by too fast.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    This weekend was pretty awesome for me, too. The wife's birthday was this weekend, and her twin brother happens to be one of my best friends. So him (Jeff) and sandman and I went out Friday, had a great cigar night. LFD Ligero followed by a 262 Paradigm. Saturday we had a birthday dinner for the wife and Jeff and then at the last minute, Jeff and I decided to head back to the cigar bar and enjoy a couple more sticks. Liga Privada No 9 and a DPG Cuban Classic. Nice weekend for smoking. Today is gorgeous out, I figure I should take advantage of the nice weather and enjoy another cigar. :)
  • shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    This is the first weekend that I've not had a cigar for a while now... Even went golfing and forgot the sticks I had packed at home