Home Cigar 101

What do you guys think of this?

stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
I'm looking to consolidate my collection.
Anyone have any idea on the positives and negatives of this one?

LINK

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know anything about one of these but it sure looks nice. Any idea of the interior dimensions?

Marty

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Can't find much info on it....

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    WaxingMoon does trays if you want them. Anyway, going with a general formula for humidors ((LxWxH)/(7 or 9)), it looks like this will hold somewhere north of 1,000 cigars
  • 24footjet24footjet Posts: 132
    I went the same route. I have an edgestar... pretty much the same model. I went with the one I did because of the interior fan, nice to keep humidity fairly even. I plug the fridge in once a week for a few hours to keep things churned a little...but most of the time I don't have it on. You will be happy with this if you buy it. It's not going to hold 1000 cigars unless you have some specially made trays.
    24footjet:
    I went the same route. I have an edgestar... pretty much the same model. I went with the one I did because of the interior fan, nice to keep humidity fairly even. I plug the fridge in once a week for a few hours to keep things churned a little...but most of the time I don't have it on. You will be happy with this if you buy it. It's not going to hold 1000 cigars unless you have some specially made trays.
    Do you have any issues with moisture build up?

• 24footjet24footjet Posts: 132
    Never any problems with moisture. It holds such a constant RH that I have re-charged my beads one time in 4 months. I had the unit plugged in from the moment I got it for probably 2 weeks, never had a problem at all with moisture. I don't think it needs to be on all the time so I unplugged it...also I don't want my sticks at 60 degrees. Maybe this summer I will have it plugged in and keep it there. But it's a great way to go.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never saw anything quite like it, but it sure looks nice.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Ah found out it was a compressor... might still get it as I only need it during the summer.