Home General Discussion

Ebony Humidor

This commissioned piece is fresh off the bench.... Macassar Ebony & Gabon Ebony Humidor 16" x 12" x 7" 190 Count imageimageimage

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Wow, that color is just gorgeous. Looks amazing!
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    WOW! my favorite one of yours I have seen. What's the price on that thing without the etching in the glass??
  • WaxingMoonWaxingMoon Posts: 328
    Thanks guys.... this one came out to right at $670 - shipped.... Ebony is indeed gorgeous wood!
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Nice work Moon, did you do the sandblasting on the glass yourself?
    I have a friend with a laser machine.... he does my laser work for me....
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Sweet work brother ..... i think my fav was the leopard wood ..... so far but all of your work is sick
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    WaxingMoon:
    Thanks guys.... this one came out to right at $670 - shipped.... Ebony is indeed gorgeous wood!
    I know it was probably asked and answered but I would like to know if that is with or without the etching on the glass...........beauty!
    That was with the etched glass... I've been told I can charge a lot more for my humidors...but, I would much rather provide a quality product at a fair price to make my work available to anybody. My humidor pricing starts, for a large humidor, at $195 plus shipping for a basic model. And then, depending on wood choices, size variations, detailed laminates, additional hardware, etc.... will affect the price, but it's all based on the base model as the "start" point. Typically, etching and/or engraving adds an additional $65-$75 to the cost - depending on what is required in image preparation.... We can engrave and/or etch any image/photograph or the like..... Fun stuff!
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    WOW! my favorite one of yours I have seen. What's the price on that thing without the etching in the glass??

I have to agree with Evan on this one, this is BY FAR my favorite one, minus the glass etching though. I like how the sides of the lid are flush with the sides of the box, and the slight beveled edge on the top of the lid around the glass.

I've never really been a fan of desktop humidors where the top edge of the lid extends outwards from the sides of the box.

• Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I just want one that says my name on the glass....kinda like I made a mess but not really