Home General Discussion

cigar.com forum

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
I have been here only over 2 months here and I love this place. I was very new to cigars and just kinda looked into this hobby back in early Feb. Since then, you guys have given me soo much information and have welcomed a noob with open arms!

Its unusual because I know there are other forums, larger forums, but this place feels like when you come home. Or like when you go to a bar and everybody there knows your name.

Just want to say thanks to all the members here for helping me.

THANKS!

Comments

• ljlljl Posts: 819
    zeebra:
    I have been here only over 2 months here and I love this place. I was very new to cigars and just kinda looked into this hobby back in early Feb. Since then, you guys have given me soo much information and have welcomed a noob with open arms!

Its unusual because I know there are other forums, larger forums, but this place feels like when you come home. Or like when you go to a bar and everybody there knows your name.

THANKS!

Not to steal Zeebra's thunder, but +1. I've had a great time so far - everybody has been great! Thanks for all the help (Laker you're still the man for helping me out on that coolidor) and advice. Wasn't really new to cigars when I got here, but most of my friends outside of the forum aren't into it. Great to have a few stogie buddies to chew the fat with.

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    zeebra:

THANKS!
    Would it be ok if we yelled "NOOOORRRRMMMMMM" everytime u walked through the door? lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    ljl.......not stealin anything, I'm sure all the new smokers/members would agree, so feel free
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    zeebra:

THANKS!
    Would it be ok if we yelled "NOOOORRRRMMMMMM" everytime u walked through the door? lol
    lol.....but ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ would work aslo..lol
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    I'm still a newbie (3 Months) and I totally agree Shawn, this is a great group of BOTL.
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I am so happy with everything this forum is about as well. From the reviews of equipment and cigars, to the advice on humidors and smoking, and the opinions about anything cigar related in general. This place really is a one stop shop for anything cigar info related. And its all thanks to the members being all around good guys. Especially the big posters who keep everyone in check and spread the culture. Great job everyone!!!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I think what I truely love about everyone here is nobody has an elitist attitude about cigars here, you could say "Hey I bought an Opus X and it sucked!" and people would generally say well you got the 1 out of 1000 that must have been a bad stick not a bunch of flaming/troll responses, so from yet another newbie thank you all for everything you have provided thus far.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Hahaha you newbies are so cute...like retarded little chipmunks... ;-)

LOL guys I know whatcha mean - this forum really is the best, and I probably wouldn't have taken to cigars with the passion that I have had I not found it. I look forward to getting to know all you guys better, and smoking some good stogies in the process!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Hayblet:
    I think what I truely love about everyone here is nobody has an elitist attitude about cigars here, you could say "Hey I bought an Opus X and it sucked!" and people would generally say well you got the 1 out of 1000 that must have been a bad stick not a bunch of flaming/troll responses, so from yet another newbie thank you all for everything you have provided thus far.
    Not to hijack a thread...but I for one, think the Opus is a bit overrated.

"Long ashes my friends."

Hays:

That's is probably the strangest comparison I have ever read on here. LOL Speaking of retarded chipmunks, ever tried to get one out of your house?? Damn near impossible.

"Long ashes my friends."

• NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Krieg:
    Hays:

That's is probably the strangest comparison I have ever read on here. LOL Speaking of retarded chipmunks, ever tried to get one out of your house?? Damn near impossible.
    Getting them outta your house is easy... its getting them outta our pants thats tricky.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    NYHCx516x:
    Krieg:
    Hays:

Getting them outta your house is easy... its getting them outta our pants thats tricky.
    Buddy, ya know...I don't know about yOu, but Pheebs sure as hell ain't getting in MY pants!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    NYHCx516x:
    Krieg:
    Hays:

LMAO... WTF does that mean?

And why are you guy's taking shots at Pheebs like this? He's not retarded... just a little slow :)~

I couldn't agree with the comments here more. These forums are like coming home, and as for other forums being out there? really, I hadn't noticed, because I have never had to look for somewhere else to go.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    ive done the other forums, they are full of a holes.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I am not new around here anymore but not a long timer either. I stayed with this one for all the reasons stated. It is very knowledgable, no cigar snobs here and I like the small feel to it. I tried to join in a little on a sister site and felt like I didn't belong, there were just a few people dominating all the conversation.
    jihiggs:
    ive done the other forums, they are full of a holes.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

"Long ashes my friends."

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I used to have this cat that was a horrible smelly thing that lost control of its bowls, went blind and deaf, and used to bring us live mice and chipmunks, drop them in the kitchen, and then just walk off. For some reason my mom loved this cat but I was scared shitless of it because it sounded like a demon, was always coated in crap, and just wasn't fun to touch or smell. I remember one time a chipmunk was in our house for two weeks. Finally caught the damn thing by buying a skunk catch and release trap.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    This forum has helped me tremendously, too. I've bought many cigars simply based on the buzz going around the threads and whenever I have a question I don't hesitate at all to throw it out there. This place is clearly the go-to cigar site for me. In fact, I think I'm gonna name my next kid Ccom.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I've spent wayyyyy to much time of this site. I have learned alot here, but for the most part, discovered many great cigars thanks to the many fine members here. Either through games, trades or suggestions. It has been great watching this forum grow not only in numbers, but in personality and character.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    bigharpoon:
    In fact, I think I'm gonna name my next kid Ccom.
    Better yet, name him The Beard. He'll be smoking a stogie and sporting a five o'clock shadow when he's born.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Best part is these guys are cigar knowledgeable enough to be a real smart A$$ but are not. They are generous with information. They all love smoking cigars and some even enjoy smoking butt! lol Gotta Love em!
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    I agree... I Love You Guys !!!!!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with all of the above. My computer has been sick for the past couple of days and I could not get online. I found myself curled up in a fetal position on the floor not being able to access this site!