Home General Discussion

High/Med or Low end for Golf

It's golf time. What type of sticks do you BOTLers bring to chase white ball? Myself I bring several -MoW/RP etc for myself.$2-$5 House blend type for guest, then a $1-$2 yard-gar for the occasional smoker/bum. I just can't bring myself to break out "the good stuff" while golfing. IMHO-nothing better than nutting a driver, then enjoying the white aromatic smoke of a MoW

Comments

• txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    Well...as of late I am trying to not think of what the stick cost, if I am in the mood for something then I will grab it. Last time out I had a Diesel on the front 9 and a blue steel on the back 9. Another guy in the group hit up a DPG Cuban Classic...we had sum wonderful smoke floating around...and some horrid golf going on.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I like to bring 6-8 different chrurchills. Nothing too pricey. Padron Executive Maduros, Oliva G or maybe R y J Habana Reserve. I usually golf with other smokers so I don't mind handing out any of those cuz I know they'll be appreciated.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else get the email sale, for pretty much exactly these types of cigars today?
    alienmisprint:
    Did anyone else get the email sale, for pretty much exactly these types of cigars today?
    I did not....... link?
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    no, I cannot seem to get on the email list for sales and such :( , I get the news letter but that is it.
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    lilwing88:
    alienmisprint:
    I did not....... link?
    +1 on the link
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    alienmisprint:
    I did not....... link?
    Its not on the site, its an email The Beard sends out. Just every so often they have a deal, they send out the offer to existing customers, and if you want to take them up on it, you just reply to the email. I almost bit, I do love the Grand Cru's, and I'm really curious about Oliva reblending the Habano, but I just dropped a good bit of cash getting the humi set up. I won't be in the buying mood for a while, lol.
    alienmisprint:
    lilwing88:
    alienmisprint:
    I did not....... link?
    Its not on the site, its an email The Beard sends out. Just every so often they have a deal, they send out the offer to existing customers, and if you want to take them up on it, you just reply to the email. I almost bit, I do love the Grand Cru's, and I'm really curious about Oliva reblending the Habano, but I just dropped a good bit of cash getting the humi set up. I won't be in the buying mood for a while, lol.
    PM sent
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    This year, I'm going to try 5v Classic church out there. Great smoke, great price!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Cusano 18 churchill. inexpensive. consistent burn. mild to medium in body. all things that make it ok to smoke or hand out.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I tend to bring two sticks to the course. One for the front nine and one for the back. I try and mix it up but tend not to bring something more than about $4 a stick (ccom price, not B&M price). Some of my go to golf cigars are most the of the 5 Vegas line, Padilla Habano, RP Fusion, A Fernandez, Sol CCC. When I go on my December and February golf trips to Miami, I tend to bring some some of my better sticks just because I go with a lot of cigar smokers and we tend to trade and mix things up, plus, being it Miami, I buy quite a few sticks down there.
  • Last time I went with a CAO Gold Robusto..it was mild and flavorful..perfect for a day of hacking up the earth and for $4.50, not so bad.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    None of my golf friends are really into cigars but they will have one on the course with me so I usually bring a bit of a variety. For myself I will grab a couple of whatever looks good to me at the moment and for the others I like to stick to the good but cheap sticks like the 5 Vegas lines. Last time I went out I took a couple of the Classics and a few Golds for the group to have but sometimes if I am feeling up to parting with them I will take a few of the Padron 2000's.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I usually bring whatever looks good in the humi at the time, last time I was out I had a CAO Black on the front 9 and a Cusano 18 on the back 9, great smokes..
  • TokinstogieTokinstogie Posts: 46 ✭✭
    TheDuckofDeath:
    It's golf time. What type of sticks do you BOTLers bring to chase white ball? Myself I bring several -MoW/RP etc for myself.$2-$5 House blend type for guest, then a $1-$2 yard-gar for the occasional smoker/bum. I just can't bring myself to break out "the good stuff" while golfing. IMHO-nothing better than nutting a driver, then enjoying the white aromatic smoke of a MoW
    La Aroma De Cuba Monarks or Pueblo Dominicana Torpedos, Don't know why, just do.
    I was going to say, maybe it's time I quit drinking and smoking, tear down all the Vargas girl posters and straighten out my life. But I won't.....